• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Better question: WHY ARE YOU GIVING THE GOVERNMENT (who hates you and wished you patriots didnt exist) AN INTEREST FREE LOAN?!?!?!

If you dont owe the gubment a couple hundred bucks at the end of the year, you are doing it wrong.

If you are getting thousands back on your taxes, you are a fool. Run this calculator. It will tell you how to claim the amount of deductions you are entitled to instead of what you THINK you should claim. (I was floored when I ran my calculation... so was my HR dept)
    IRS Withholding Calculator

Me? I owe a whopping $105 to the feds this year. It feels great to actually spend the other ~$1895 throughout the year instead of begging uncle Sam to give it back a year later. WITHOUT INTEREST.

Oh, and dont forget, There have been several states that have issued IOUs in the past several years because they have lacked the funds to refund money that is rightfully due to their residents. "Yeah, you overpaid your taxes, but we cant afford to give you back your $$$. Here's an IOU. We're cool, right? Can you imagine going into a walmart and returning an item, only to be given an IOU instead of your cash?

I'm with Cameramonkey on most of his ideas.
    I'll square up with the IRS by the due date.
    It's not about the small amount of interest,
    nor the IOU'S that some States issue.
    I'm old fashioned..........
    I don't agree with how the Government takes large amounts of my hard earned money
    with threats of jail time or worse for non compliance,
    and doals it out in any fashion they see fit.

Who said anything about banking the extra money? It's about having all of your money now to spend instead of getting it back in a big chunk later.

What if your boss said " I'm going to hold back $20 per week from your paycheck. I'll give the money to you at the end of the year."? You'd be livid and want what is yours and on time.

If you want to get a bunch of cash back it's your prerogative. Personally if I'm not going to be compensated for the use of my money, I want it now.

I think the OP's question was what are you goung to buy with your tax return. If nothing, then move along. Start a debate about about whether or not you should give an interest free load to the government in another forum.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    all great choices OP.
    thoughts......
    i have a GP100 and it is a good gun and fun too shoot. make sure you try it on for size and fit as they are smaller framed.
    mini 30. i do enjoy my mini. not sure if prices have stabilized yet. last time i checked they were still a little over priced based on pre-chaos pricing. be patient and wait for a good deal.

i fall in the camp of not getting a refund so no shopping spree for me

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Possibly a Dillon 650 reloader and accessories or ammo or a training course depends on how much I get back this year.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I shoot for minimizing the refund, but not having to pay in.

So my refund will prob get saved. If I have one. I had a little more income this year, so I might get hit a little harder.

Since I refi'd to 15 year mortgage, I have less interest write-off, so I miay end up getting hit a little bit more.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I'm going to get everything caught back up and ahead then I'm going to keep a little out to go towards an M&P 45. The wife can have the rest :D

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    Kind of disappointing to see a simple thread about what gun you plan to buy with a cash influx devolve into pages of holier-than-thou.

I find it much more convenient to, after a number of years, have our taxes planned down to where I get a very token and minimal amount back from fed/state and don't have to write any checks, pay postage, or track to make sure it was actually paid and I don't get a rude awakening from the IRS down the road. Instead I get a modest and trivial amount direct deposited into my checking account.

About the right amount for a 40cal Shield this time around.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I'm getting a refund for the first time in many years.

Sure is nice.

I'll be spending it on things I've already bought. I.E. debt reduction. 80K in student loans aint no joke.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Probably just putting it in savings. I am doubled up on rent and mortgage for a couple months starting in April, so I could use some extra cash. I would like to buy a revolver or an AK74, but I'll probably hold off on those for now.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I'm just curious as to what people have in mind to acquire / build / purchase with their 2013 tax check?

I've got a few things on the list...and will probably do at least one (1) of them:

1. Build a 5" competition Glock on a Gen II frame...after I do a heel reduction on it.
    2. Buy a 5" Ruger GP100 revolver.
    3. Thinkin' about a Ruger Mini-30...7.62x39 rifle?
    4. Acquire a 5" 1911...possibly a Ruger SR1911 or maybe a Kimber???
    5. Improve my BOB...and build small ones for the kids.

If your getting back anything at all, you are giving the tyrants a interest free loan. Dont give them a darned cent. Dad always said that you should break even or owe less than 100 bucks and you are computing your taxes correctly.

Gunner

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've been giving the government an interest free loan for 40+ years, they call it "social security". This year I loaned the IRS a few buck, I think I'll buy another S&W revolver when they pay me back.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I'm a small business owner...I'm not the only one on the board.
    My small business employs others...I'm not the only one on the board.
    I do not get tax returns...I'm not the only one on the board.

I didn't really understand it all until I started my business. For the love of liberty don't give those bastards any more money than you have to. If you get a refund then change your W4. When the government gives tax checks they are giving you money that is already yours. When they give you back your money, rather, when you sit around and long for something that already belongs to you then they control you.

Top Bottom