• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Thorntown, IN
    Browning Buckmark .22. My dad got it for me for my high school graduation. I have a red dot scope for it, but I recently removed it so that I could use it to practice with cheaper ammunition than my XDm .40 eats... I love that gun!

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    My first handgun was given to me by my dad. It completely freaked out my mom. Not me having a pistol, but how I reacted. It was Christmas. We decided that we needed to be able to guess what the presents were or we had to open them with our eyes closed. Not sure why we did that, but it was fun.

I get my present. It feels like a tupperware dish or something. I don't know what it is. So I start opening it with my eyes closed. When I felt the hole in the center of the tupperware dish and I knew. But I didn't say anything, because I didn't know which Glock it was. So I open the case. I drop the mag. Pull the slide and check the chamber with my finger. Point down and pull the trigger. Press the slide back a little and pull the release to strip the pistol. Slide the barrel out and feel the caliber. Put it back together and feel the grip length. Then open my eyes and tell Dad thanks for the Glock 22.

My mom had no way of knowing that I was the one that cleaned the Glock 21 after almost every Rose-Hulman Gun Club shoot. She didn't know that we tried different pistols for ease of field stripping with our eyes closed, just for fun. She just had the look of seeing her son now as some crazed SWAT, special forces, pistol handler or something. I got a kick out of that. :)

You went to Rose? My single year (95-96) there was a fun time! Breaking my hand, watching bums fight on the side of the road on my way to the Delta Sig house after getting my bid, Drinking the last 1.5" of ta-kill-ya out of Nick's bottle, puking all over the porch, wiping the spaghetti laden snott off of my face onto the concrete porch wall, scaling the walls of the house, running a lap around campus wearing only three socks in January ;)

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Will put a bag over my head as I admit my first handgun was a Jennings .22 way back in 1988. A year or two later my friend was shooting it and the slide came off and hit him in the forehead. I think I dismantled it and threw it away or something...

kiddcaliber44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    It was either the FIE Titan (Tanfoglio .25) or the Helwan Brigadier (Beretta 951 licensed copy,) I really can't recall now. Eighteen years ago. The little Tanfoglio is still around (great little gun if you have a use for a .25) but the Helwan is long gone... and that's okay. ;)

I just put a Tanfoglio GT27 in layaway. Glad to see a good opinion of it. Havent seen much about em. I saw it when I was picking up my PPS .40 and had to have it.lol I like the .25 for a pocket gun. I regret selling my Beretta 950bs.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    oh, that hurts!
    I love my single six.

lol I dont mean ugly in design as I think they are beautiful guns...mine has just seen better days...a little TLC and she'd be pretty again but Ive grown quit fond of the electrical tape that holds my grips together :): it was my great grand fathers pistol he left it to me when he passed away. he bought it brand new in the mid 50s and gave less than $50 for it.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    My first handgun was a Phoenix Arms .22. I got it for $109, new, OTD.

phoenix_22abb.jpg

At the same time, I bought my first rifle, a 91/30 Mosin Nagant.

mosin-nagant.jpg

Not only did I get them from the same gun show, I bought them at the same table. The Mosin I bought for $85 OTD.

I still have the Mosin, but sold the Phoenix Arms to a friend, who later sold it as well. It's the only gun that I've ever sold, and I don't miss it.

Top Bottom