• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought my first handgun while in college at Indiana State. It was a Colt Combat Cobra .357 snub-nose on a huge frame with target sights and fancy wooden grips, polished like a mirror and way too big and heavy to carry and a real handful at the range. I still remember the huge fireball and thundering report from the beast, which always garnered lots of attention at the range. I eventually traded it off for something more practical but find myself wishing I still had it (along with every other gun I've sold or traded). It was number 0822 of 1,000.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Beautiful Mk II with a bull barrel. Loved it, it just felt so natural and shot so clean. Hated the day that rent and bills required that I sell it, but it was a tough time and I had to make a sacrifice. Will grab another one again some day...they are just sweet.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beautiful Mk II with a bull barrel. Loved it, it just felt so natural and shot so clean. Hated the day that rent and bills required that I sell it, but it was a tough time and I had to make a sacrifice. Will grab another one again some day...they are just sweet.

I traded my Mk II slab off awhile ago and wish I still had that one, too. Reading the next owner's happy post about acquiring it only a day or two later left me with mixed feelings. Now that I know a little more about 22LR I know that pistol's occasional misfeeds were the result of the crap ammo I was feeding it. You live and learn...

Last edited:

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    A story 43 years in the making

I bought my first pistol in 1967 from a buddy who was a WW2 vet and had brought back a nice nazi P38 with holster, all matching. I gave him $75 (a princely sum in 67'). I sold it the following year to a co-worker. I was contacted 3 years ago by this former co-worker and he sold it back to me!! :) Of course, it was a lot more than the original $75 I had earlier paid for it. So after 43 years we're back together for good.

Ringmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    1911A1 issued in ROTC. Rattled like hell and I couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside with it. Convinced SupplyGuy to take it back and let me shake a few to make my own choice and qualified expert first try with the replacement.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    First was Glock 19 2nd gen then it was a beretta 96 and now mostly glocks.First gun shot as a kid was a mauser 9mm kurtz with a hair trigger.Ill get it one day. At least I hope so.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My first pistol was a Ruger Blackhawk .44mag. Only kept it about 5 yrs & shot it twice; it was too much for me. My second and 3rd pistols were an AMT Backup in .22 cal, and a Charter Arms .38 snubby. Had to sell the snubby in '87, but just sold the Backup in May.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Very old Ruger MKI, Colt Peacemaker .22, and Titan .25. Yes, I have 3 first guns, they were given to me at the same time.

Top Bottom