• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Keep it handy so that when some jackwagon cuts you off on the highway you can wave it frantically at him out the window as you speed past him.

Really I keep it holstered and on my hip. There have been a few times on long trips that I'll remove it and tuck it between my seat and the center console (still holstered).

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    What to do with gun while driving? nothing! don't text either! :):
    Seriously, though, For short trips of less than a couple hours, it stays on my side. (8:30-9:00 Lefty)
    For really long trips, I have a holster mounted in the center console, which provides stability, is secure, and reasonably accessable.
    It's a little less accessable for my Right handed wife, but she can still reach it reasonably quickly.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP:

What kind of belt do you use?

Having a "good" gun belt, IE - made specifically to have the weight of a gun & holster hung off of it, not only does wonders when you're up walking around with the gun - it can also really help keep things where they need to be while seated.

Also - if you carry directly at 3:00 - that's the widest part of your bone structure (note - not widest part of your waist...) But it's the "hard part" of your pelvis and generally not all that great for IWB carry. Try moving the holster backwards behind the point of your hip and see if that helps things while seated.

-J-

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I twirl it around my fingers while at stop lights. Or use it to gesture other cars to move out of my way when they're being slow in the fast lane.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I bought one of those sticky dash pads and just toss my gun on the dash when I drive, helps to get people out of my way on the highway in the passing lane

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I carry my full size in a paddle holster, when i get in the car, i take the holster off and keep it between the seat and center console.

with the paddle its easy enough to take off and put on within a minute. plus it gives me good access, and comfort of not being dug into while driving

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I think I might just try holding it out the window. And while I am at it I might just ditch the holster all together and just hold it every where I go that way I always have I ready for when I see those 5 year girls I've been hearing so much about. On a more serious note I think I will try moving it backwards more.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    One option to consider. Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount Steering Wheel Gun Holster Mount

566_zpse3ac9c17.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom