• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, so for the first time in ...well.... my life I am about to be shotgun-less. OK, I am about to not OWN a shotgun. I also have only a .22 rifle and 3 handguns. I have ~$750 to spend, what do I do?

My original intention was to buy a Rem Mod 11 and make an old-school bad-ass with an extended tube and shortened barrel and parkerize it. The gun I was looking at already sold, so I waited too long.

Option 1.) Buy newer/nicer 12ga semi-auto and add a mag extension/shell holder and buy more ammo for the others.

Option 2.) buy a nice AK for $600, and spend the other money on a skeleton stock/mags/ammo

Option 3.) Buy cheap pump gun, cut it down like I did the other one (15 years ago) and buy a Saiga to convert down the road.

Option 4.) ?????

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? I sold my CAI Golani Sporter some time back, and even though I didn't shoot it much I miss not having a rifle around.

Even though I doubled what I paid for the old Mossy... I'm still regretting selling it.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Buy American, 870. :D

IMG_0512_zpsc46b26a6.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Benelli Nova Tactical isn't a bad option, if you can find a good price on a used one.

I picked up mine a few years ago, and paid about $290 for it. I liked it so much, I bought another Nova (standard model with a 24" barrel for skeet shooting). The prices have kind of gone pretty high on the Benelli's though.

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    I second the vote on the Benelli Nova. You can really get a good deal on one of those, and Carlson's makes barrels for it now, so you don't have to pay $400 for a Benelli replacement.

Top Bottom