• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • supermahns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    1. Load Bearing gear. > you want to be ready for when you got to get up and get out.
    2. Magazines for AR. > make sure you have equipment to put into your load bearing gear.
    3. Mount and light for AR. > I have read that lights are a very useful tool to stun your enemy. It almost completely blinds them when shined directly into their eyes.
    4. Sling. > It's always nice to have assurance that your gun is securely with you at all times.
    5. Magazines for Glock. > Like I said before. If you have load bearing gear, make sure you have equipment to fill it up.
    6. Light for Glock. > Pistols are usually for desperate measures. Like when your rifle isn't functioning properly and you need some quick back up.

Hope this was useful.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I personally have AR 8 mags in a BOB, 8 mags in my chest rig, and 8 mags in my ruck giving me 240rds no matter what I grab to go. I designed it this way to be standard across the board. Now I need more pistol mags because I intend on doing the same for it as I did my AR, I just wish the pistol mags cost the same as a P-mag. lol

I like this idea. Going off of what you (the OP) said, I would go in this order then:

1. Chest rig (load bearing gear)
    2. Sling (I put this second based your desire for a sling, not on my feelings on slings)
    3. Light for Glock
    4. Mags for Glock
    5. Mags for AR
    6. Light for AR (last because you can use a pistol light on an AR if you have to)

I agree that you can never have enough mags, but I think you should get some of the other things first because you have a decent amount.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    thanks a lot for the input guys. this has been helping me alot especially with prioritizing my needs first. after thinking about it the LBG id defintely going to be first followed by a sling. now just try to convince me on the last 4

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    thanks a lot for the input guys. this has been helping me alot especially with prioritizing my needs first. after thinking about it the LBG id defintely going to be first followed by a sling. now just try to convince me on the last 4
    As far as mags and lights go, it really goes back to what you need for your "mission." You never said if you carry pistol mags in your EDC setup. If so get a few of those first in case something goes wrong with the ones you have. Also, if you have a hand held light you could hold off on mounted lights at first. As far as a pistol mounted light... do you have a way to carry it with the light or is this just going to be a nightstand gun that wont see a holster? If you don't have a way to carry it with a light attached right now I say get a hand held light for your pocket and then a mount for your rifle (like this, or this). That will help you cover two guns with one purchase and will set you up nicely until you can get a good pistol light and/or holster to carry it in. I would hold off on AR mags until you know how many you can carry in your LBG. If you can load that up nicely, I say hold off on AR mags until last.

Again just my opinions, but I like prioritizing purchases for myself, so I don't mind tossing in my :twocents: in your thread. This is exactly how I decide what to get for my guns too.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    well when i carry i usually just carry my gun only. i dont have any mag carriers yet but i dont feel like i need them. i live in a good town and 15 rounds would be more then plenty i feel. but i still feel like i should get a few more glock mags just to feel safe and just to have them. my carry gun is also my nightstand gun and thats why i feel like i should have a light on it, then take off the light when i carry and put it back on at night. and if i need it i could put it on my AR if i needed to. so im thinking a gun light will be one the top of my list. id go good quality with a streamlight or something of that nature.

im still just looking into load bearing gear but id like to get a military sized loadout of ammo on it. so 8 mags right? i think im covered for now but ill get more later. like you said those would be last for me.

ill probably end up getting the sling and mount and load bearing gear at the same time. those two just seem to make sense together

Top Bottom