What makes you realize you're wound too tight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hate when people don't use their turn signals, or when they don't yield the right away,.
    And this one really pi$$es me off, they pull out in front of me causing me to slow down and they drive 10 mph below the speed limit and there ain't even a car behind me. If my truck was equipped with heat seeking rockets, I WOULD LAUNCH !!!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    picture.php

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    In short:

It's time for another pet peeve thread!

Are pet peeve threads your pet peeve? If so - then neener neener neener. :p

Mispronunciation of simple every-day English words by native English speakers. Not talking about Queen's English vs. American English here, either. I'm talking about saying the word "compromise" as "com" and "promise" :n00b: (Normally wouldn't be a big deal, but the person who says this has a Master's degree. And is a school teacher.)

Ready, set, go!

This thread makes us realize you're wound too tight. ;)

Maybe a session with Dr. Phil? :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    About the only thing that raises my blood pressure is rude drivers.

You are behind the wheel of the most deadly contraption on the planet. Killing more people every year than pretty much anything else.

Use a at least a FEW brain cells, please. Signal if you are turning or switching lanes. Think just a LITTLE ahead, and move over when you have room (not at the last possible moment). Put down the cell phone for a second. The coffee, too. Don't race around. You'll just stop at the next light anyway. At the minimum, don't be a jerk. Better yet, actually be polite. What a novel concept.

Yeah, I'm not perfect either. I do make an honest effort, though.

Other than that, these darn pet peeve threads really peeve me off. :D

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    When communication is through civil internet chatter such as this, I hardly put much interest in perfect punctuation, grammar, etc. Realistically, the worst thing it does is annoy someone withCDO .

So long as the person typing can type well enough to effectively communicate their point, then it's no big deal. Who cares if it's perfect....that's just a bit over the top IMO (wound too tight)

FTFY
    everything should be in alphabetical order........

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You are behind the wheel of the most deadly contraption on the planet. Killing more people every year than pretty much anything else.

Use a at least a FEW brain cells, please. Signal if you are turning or switching lanes. Think just a LITTLE ahead, and move over when you have room (not at the last possible moment). Put down the cell phone for a second. The coffee, too. Don't race around. You'll just stop at the next light anyway. At the minimum, don't be a jerk. Better yet, actually be polite. What a novel concept.

As much as I drive, if I could get through just 1 day with out having to watch every other driver with their head in their lap, (cell phone) or watching a movie, or running a laptop (or all o the above) I might be a lot nicer when I get home. People act like they are in their living rooms when driving these days. Cars are way too safe and far too easy to drive. Requires so little attention that very little is given. Turn signals, what a consept.
    And just so many jerks on the roads anymore.......:xmad:

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel

This, people don't realize that turn signals are actually for their benefit. They prevent others from them.

But don't mess with my coffee. :ar15:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    There, their, and they're. When people misuse those words it really irks me.

Other than that, idiot drivers with a complete disregard for others' (or their own) safety.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    People complaining about smoke breaks at work - "I need a smoke break" Yeah, you've only been here an hour, not done any real work, and now you want an unscheduled break to go get a nicotine fix? While I stand here, take up your slack and not get my work done? Too bad I can't not give those breaks without threat of a mutiny (I'm one of about three non-smokers vs. 12-15 smokers).

People that don't understand "No" - I tell at least one person a day that without a DOT number they can't get fuel in the back of our store with the tax-exempt truckers at the cheaper price. It's a state law, and to go around it is considered tax fraud. But people still don't understand that when I say no, I mean it, and it's final. Don't lie to me, don't argue, it is the way it is and it is final. I get this attitude mostly from people in RV's.

My driving ones would take too long to list...

Top Bottom