What makes you realize you're wound too tight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    It drives me nuts when people say they "could care less."

Could care less is a big one for me.

Have you gentlemen seen this thread? :):

When peple correct grammer and speling on other peoples posts on forums for gods sake i am not in english class in a school and I am not payin ya to be my personal secretarie Did you get the point of my post, good then i got my point across dont try to make this an english classes.

Don't forget capitalization and punctuation! Sadly, you failed all four miserably as mbills pointed out.

An English class seems like a good idea. Might want to rethink that. :thumbsup:

Bad drivers and stupid people are my problem, and there's no shortage of either. Usually they're one and the same.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I hate when people insist that foreign words be pronounced in the foreign way. English has been polluted with words from 20 or so different languages. I feel no need to learn all of those "proper" pronunciations. We speak English here, get over it.
    A foreign word is a foreign word. Do you pronounce Jagermeister with an English hard "j"? It's not like these are uncommon words. The majority of people I've met pronounce jalapeno as it should be or close to it. The few who don't are, well, less than intelligent. In a few decades maybe it will be absorbed like those other loan words, but for the time being you're saying it in a fairly goofy fashion.

Other examples of foreign words or English constructs of foreign words that aren't hard to get right: colonel, bologna, mojito, gyro (the food), chipotle, and quesadilla

Certain words do get absorbed into English. Las Angeles is a prime example of the wrong pronunciation being the right pronunciation.

On an unrelated note I've never understood grammar Nazism.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    " Ya know what I'm sayin".... NO I probably don't because if you end a sentence with that phrase I have already quit listening to you.

"Like"
    Example: "We like went to the mall to like buy some new earings"...Enough said about that one.

Tangowood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Boone County
    Have you gentlemen seen this thread? :):

An English class seems like a good idea. Might want to rethink that. :thumbsup:

Are you kidding i would rather be at the range!!!!

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When its been a BAD day and you have used every ounce of energy to make it home without causing severe bodily harm to another human being...only to be met at the front door by a husband and/or child just ready to poke the grizzly with a sharp stick! The words "give me a minute to get in the house and kick my shoes off" mean NOTHING to them.

THIS!!! When I just get home from a particularly nasty day at work the last thing I want to hear is anyone complaining about anything. I've been known to walk in the door, hear someone nagging, walk back out without saying a word, and drive away. I figure it's better than having the hell spawned demon that lies dormant inside me make an appearance. And it gets the point across that I don't want to argue. I just want to relax.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Wow! Didn't know spelling rankled so many people. Me... I've been on puters long enough that it just doesn't bother me all that much any more. If I were to try and correct every error I see, I wouldn't get anything else done!:rolleyes:

I sometimes make misstakes when typing a message on here and some other places. LOL! I've even been know to make speling errors on porpoise. :D

But a major pet peeve with me are DRIVERS! For some reason, many people in the county when I live like to drive five miles per hour BELOW the speed limit. 40 in a 45. 50 in a 55. 30 in a 35. I know we aren't supposed to exceed the limits, but for crying out loud, at least drive the speed limit!:xmad::xmad:

When I mentioned this to a friend, he asked if MY speedometer was wrong. I told him it happens no matter which car I am in. He told me that this was because I have two cars of the same model and the speedometers could be off in both.

When I explained that in 2012 I probably drove rental cars at least 15 times, and it happened in all of them, he didn't know what to say.

The other driving pet peeve are tailgaters. In NASCAR, Indy Car and F1, it is called drafting. You aren't going to get much of a draft off someone running 55 mph. Back off, Jack! You're wearing the paint off my back bumper!:xmad::xmad:

More than once, I have done a "reverse pass" on a tailgater. That really shakes them up! :D:D

Well, that's about it for today. I'll go take a couple of my "happy pills" and I will be all right in a few minutes!:)

Bye!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    People screwing with their little electronic devices instead of talking/ paying attention to the conversation you are attempting to have with them!!!!!!!!!!
    ESPECIALLY KIDS!!

Bob

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I "could care less" about this thread. I really could. I care for it a little but if I wanted to I could care less. So if this thing spirals down any more after this post then so help me, I WILL care less.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The other driving pet peeve are tailgaters. In NASCAR, Indy Car and F1, it is called drafting. You aren't going to get much of a draft off someone running 55 mph. Back off, Jack! You're wearing the paint off my back bumper!:xmad::xmad:

When I do tailgate I'm not drafting. I'm telling the idiot in front of me that is doing 5 mph below the speed limit, particularly if they're in the left lane blocking traffic, to move over or I'm going to drive through them.

Since the thread devolved into pet peeves about grammar, there are two that annoy me to no end - "I seen" and "you was." I don't expect you to have a masters degree in English but at least learn the absolute basics of the proper tense of two of the most common verbs in the English language. Kindergartners are taught this, so there is no excuse.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

let's not limit the nit-picking to grammar here :)

The US television show Mythbusters (Discovery Channel), in their June 6, 2007, episode, drove a Dodge Magnum station wagon at 55 mph (89 km/h) behind a Freightliner tractor trailer and measured the station wagon's fuel economy. As they got closer their results ranged from a baseline (no truck) figure of 32 to 35.5 mpg-US (7.4 to 6.63 L/100 km, a 11% greater distance covered per unit volume of fuel or a 10% reduction in fuel consumption) at 100 feet (30 m), and then progressively up to 44.5 mpg-US (5.29 L/100 km, a 39% greater distance covered per unit volume of fuel or a 28% reduction in fuel consumption) at 10 feet (3 m), as a result of decreased drag consequent of drafting. However, the show's hosts had serious safety concerns about drafting behind tractor trailers which prompted them to advise against using the technique.[34]

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    People who are oblivious to the rest of the world get my goat. The people who drive well under the speed limit in the passing lanes while goofing on their phone. People who don't bother to signal turns when someone is following them. People who can't wait for a car to pass by before turning out, even though nobody is behind that car for miles. People who casually wander down the middle of the grocery aisle, stopping right in everyone's way as they are trying to pass by. People who stop to chat with their friend right in the entrance of the store. People who walk in the "Exit" door and then look at you crazy like it's your fault they can't read.

If it were legal for me to carry a cattle prod and zap the oblivious twits of the world, I would do it. Pay attention and have a modicum of respect for those around you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People screwing with their little electronic devices instead of talking/ paying attention to the conversation you are attempting to have with them!!!!!!!!!!
    ESPECIALLY KIDS!!

Bob

I do this on occasion. Usually because what's on my phone is more interesting than the conversation.

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    To many to list!

My personal insanity comes from someone willing to send numerous text messages when they could just call and have a conversation. Our society has become way to digital.

Oh and does your $40,000 dollar vehicle have a turn signal :ar15:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My neighbors kids and dogs that always seem to find their way into my yard . Never mind the fact I don't have kids and my dog never leaves my yard .

What bugs me even more is that if I were to put up a razor wire fence , I'd be the ******* cause these ****tards are too ****in fat and lazy to get off their ass's and watch their kids .

**** ME !!!! I swear karma's ****in with me !!!!

Top Bottom