What makes an American car an American car?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    Originally Posted by 3point5
    American cars are from the big 3 IMO. One can argue this all you want. My german designed, canadian assembled Dodge Charger is still more american than any Toyota, Honda, or Subaru.

The Subaru Legacy, Outback and Tribeca are built here in Lafayette. The Toyota Camry is built here in Lafayette as well and theres a Honda plant here. They employ over 11k altogether and most of the earnings stay here in Indiana. Thats good enough for me.

I completely agree with the bottom comment. The top post however, is among the dumbest things ever typed.

The author demonstrates complete ignorance two times in a single sentence.

A car built in Canada is more American than vehicles ACTUALLY BUILT IN AMERICA????

Why??? Because it shares a name with a car built in Michigan and California 40 years ago!?!?!?

By this same logic, the existance of the Mitsubishi Zero in the 40's, makes an Outlander Sport more of an airplane than the Boeing 787.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't give a rat's ass who built my 2011 Charger RT, it's a ******* blast to drive. Before this I owned a Subaru Outback which was mostly made in Indiana but a Japanese car?

jimmyw86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I don't give a rat's ass who built my 2011 Charger RT, it's a ******* blast to drive. Before this I owned a Subaru Outback which was mostly made in Indiana but a Japanese car?

60% of the Subaru/Toyota plant profits stay here in Indiana. 10% goes to the vendors (which a lot are in Indiana) 10% goes to Cherry Hill in New Jersey then 20% goes to Japan.

Top Bottom