What local shops do you by reloading components from?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freedom556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I am looking for a local shop that sells reloading components for reasonable prices. I frequent PSS and bradis but would like to know of any others that have a decent selection and reasonable prices. Currently I reload 5.56/.223 and will be reloading 9mm very soon. I can get bullets cheaper online but I'm interested in buying powder local. Thanks

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Profire

Profire Arms, as soon as we can get Andrew to unlock the door and turn on the lights. :)

PS: I am needing small pistol primers and some additional brass but have been holding off until Profire opens as I have bought from Andrew before and know he is a truly honest and VERY knowledgeable business man. :yesway:

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    We've been working really, really hard rehabbing an old shop space to open up a reloading supply store. Since A to Z closed, there hasn't been a dedicated reloading shop in the Indianapolis area. We're aiming to change that.

The new shop should be opening around August 1. We're going to specialize in reloading equipment and supplies, Hazmats, and other materials that most people buy online. Plated and lead bullets, a huge selection of powder, primers, brass and most every press that's sold on the market today will be available for handling and use here in the shop. We're going to be keeping our prices as close to where they are now as possible, but obviously with the significantly increased overhead, things may have to go up a little.

We'll also be stocking locally made Indiana products, like Bobcat Steel and bullets from the Indiana Bullet Company.

The shop will be starting small, as we don't have a ton of startup capital. But over the next year, we hope to grow significantly and provide the people of Indianapolis and surrounding areas with a reloading shop they can call home. Most importantly, reloading is our passion. We aim to be a place where reloaders can come for information, supplies, and a comfortable atmosphere for learning and enjoyment of the sport.

Pending ATF approval and transfer of our licenses, we're also going to sell Class III materials, Red Star ammunition, firearms (albeit not our main focus), and teach classes from this location as well.

The address:

Profire Arms and Supply
    2904 Maywood Road
    Indianapolis, IN 46241
    ph: 317-757-8132

A few photos of our new location:

Before:

etgqpe.jpg

111rwpi.jpg

Current Renovation:

2ir0p4m.jpg

2vskps4.jpg

So - hopefully you all are as excited as we are. We're going to begin stocking inventory in the next few days, and by opening day, we should have limited quantites of most everything reloaders will need.

If anyone has specific suggestions for inventory, powder (besides the standard 40-50 types) and other materials they'd like to see in the shop, we'll take it under heavy consideration.

Thank you to everyone that's helped build Profire Arms and Supply into what it is today. This shop is dedicated to all of you.

Here :)

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    That's great, I work at 1500 S. Tibbs which is just north of your shop. I used to stop in at A to Z when they were on Morris a little east of Tibbs.
    Will you have reloading classes at the Maywood store?
    Good luck,
    Dave

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It will be nice to have a dedicated reloading shop in the area. Bradis and PSS are fine, but they offer what I consider to be a token amount of reloading stuff, as part of their larger gunshop operations. Plus, they seem to be a little out of touch with what the more serious reloaders are looking for, even when you try to work with them to order stuff in. I was very excited when Bradis II opened, but have more or less given up on them after a couple of frustrating efforts trying to get specific items through them. It's like they don't care about anyone's interests unless you're shooting 308, 45 or 223...I might stop in there for the occasional item now and then, but for the most part they have forced me back to buying on the Internet.

If Andrew's shop carries a wider selection of stuff, and he's willing to order other things I'll use, then he will get the majority of my business...even what I'm currently buying online.

Freedom556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    It will be nice to have a dedicated reloading shop in the area. Bradis and PSS are fine, but they offer what I consider to be a token amount of reloading stuff, as part of their larger gunshop operations. Plus, they seem to be a little out of touch with what the more serious reloaders are looking for, even when you try to work with them to order stuff in. I was very excited when Bradis II opened, but have more or less given up on them after a couple of frustrating efforts trying to get specific items through them. It's like they don't care about anyone's interests unless you're shooting 308, 45 or 223...I might stop in there for the occasional item now and then, but for the most part they have forced me back to buying on the Internet.

If Andrew's shop carries a wider selection of stuff, and he's willing to order other things I'll use, then he will get the majority of my business...even what I'm currently buying online.

I agree about bradis. I have bought multiple firearms from them, they are great, but their powder and primers are priced a little high to me. PSS is also great for firearms but not too much for reloading components. I checked Indiana gun club website and they seem to have good prices, the powder I buy is $7 cheaper than bradis and primers are $9 cheaper. I will be checking out profire supply and Indiana gun club this afternoon. Thanks for some suggestions.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    OkieGirl & I are going to Profire today. Got a note from Andrew last night that he will be unlocking the door & turning on the lights at 11am.

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Ron at Target Sports in Sheridan generally has a decent stock of powder. He generally has primers. I'm unsure what bullets he keeps.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I stopped at profire today, it was a very nice shop. With his prices and service profire arms will be my go to shop for reloading. I was very impressed.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I stopped at profire today, it was a very nice shop. With his prices and service profire arms will be my go to shop for reloading. I was very impressed.

^^^ This ^^^

I gave them over $100 of my money today and they haven't even had their Grand Opening yet. OkieGirl laughed at me.. then dragged me out before I spent more.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I often times hit Bradis II when I need stuff in a limited amount of time. The customer service for me has been lackluster. The prices are kinda high but OK when in a pinch. My biggest gripe is on more than one occasion I have got home, looked at my receipt only to see that I paid for more things than I purchased. I don't think for a minute that it is intentional. But I average spending 200.00 to 300.00 each time. Of the times I recall I purchased three (3) pounds of RE-15 and paid for four(4). My last trip among other things I purchased a can of Hornady spray case lube and got charged for two. I didn't call or go back and it is just as much my fault but still. Not bashing just cautioning.

FWIW I will still shop there from time to time. I like the place and believe in supporting our local shops.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've always had good luck at plainfield shooting supplies.

Typically hit the outsdoorsman in greenwood (since they carry VV) or bradis II for hazmat items, they're a bit too pricey for my tastes on bullets though.(Well bradis II doesn't stock much in the way of bullets, only referring to the outdoorsman there really.) Only buy brass and lead online since $30 per 500 bullets is a lot cheaper than $80 for 500.

If there's any local shops that sell bullets that low, I'd sure opt for that over online.

Top Bottom