What kind of ignorant fools are these school administrators?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    quote-some-men-look-at-constitutions-with-sanctimonious-reverence-and-deem-them-like-the-ark-of-the-thomas-jefferson-307103.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They put in place a way to make these changes instead of just going around them or redefining them.
    And, almost without fail the states have been using those methods to change them. We have the ballot box, the legislatures and the courts as prime movers. We're not supposed to remain stuck in the dark ages, as some would have us.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And, almost without fail the states have been using those methods to change them. We have the ballot box, the legislatures and the courts as prime movers. We're not supposed to remain stuck in the dark ages, as some would have us.

But you do not want government. You are an anti federalist who wants a world without rules or laws. In other words the ghetto of our big cities.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If individual responsibilty is mandated as a condition of freedom, most issues in life would be self balancing. 90% of the perversion of justice that we call the law would not even need to exist.

One principle of conservativism is to be self disciplined. Not merely in sex but in how you control all of your appetites. You eat right, you exercise your body. You maintain your health. You do not give into hedonism and decadence.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Jefferson also believed that we should have regular revolutions where the elites were executed.
    Political revolutions, not shooting wars that end up with a military junta, as you would like to see.
    A little rebellion...(Quotation) « Thomas Jefferson?s Monticello

Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government, and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.[1]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But you do not want government. You are an anti federalist who wants a world without rules or laws. In other words the ghetto of our big cities.
    LOL. Nope. That is the end I would wish. People ruling themselves, not others. But, I am willing to accept getting there in increments. But, none of the increments I would find acceptable, or a majority of sane people, include your particular vision of a military ruled country. As for your attempt at an insult, I'd consider myself in good company as an anti-federalist. They were all far better men than you and I'm glad that at least one of them is a relation of mine.
    Anti-Federalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Jefferson was in love with the French Revolution. Wanted the same thing here.
    No, he did not. He saw, first hand what happens when the mob rules and the terror that was unleashed on France and wanted no part of that for his country. He grieved for the lost potential of the French revolution and the losses they sustained as a result of the terrors after the initial revolution.

http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/french-revolution

After succeeding Benjamin Franklin as American minister at Versailles, witnessing the first chapter of the French Revolution[SUP][1][/SUP], and conducting foreign affairs as Secretary of State, Jefferson could not escape the immediate effects the French Revolution had on his career. Like most Americans, when the French rebelled against Louis XVI, he generally praised their action, hesitated over it, and finally recoiled from it.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, he did not. He saw, first hand what happens when the mob rules and the terror that was unleashed on France and wanted no part of that for his country. He grieved for the lost potential of the French revolution and the losses they sustained as a result of the terrors after the initial revolution.

French Revolution « Thomas Jefferson?s Monticello

Thomas Paine very much recoiled from revolution. Especially after he was put into prison and scheduled for beheading.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's kind of hard to tell, but it seems some folks here are advocating changing one sort of (imagined) tyranny - the supposed "state sponsored church" - for an altogether real tyranny, the denial of the individual the right to worship as he pleases, where he pleases. The first "tyranny" is imagined as being somewhere in the Constitution - it's not - while the second tyranny is definitely protected in the First Amendment. It shouldn't be hard for a "reasonable man" to figure out which "tyranny" is wrong.

Top Bottom