What kind of ignorant fools are these school administrators?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Were the founders evangelicals?

Most were Freemasons. And Freemasons at that time tended to not believe that Jesus was G-D (Issac Newton wrote a paper supporting this position, he also was a Mason). That is not the same as being Deist. The evangelicals at the time of the founding were mostly Presbyterians (they were similar to the Baptists today) and Methodists (more like the charismatics today).

BTW, Jefferson was not a founder as the founders made sure that he was in France when the Constitution was written. Jefferson was very much an anti federalist as well as anti Masonic. He was seen as weird by Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, and Madison were the prime movers in creating the constitution.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Most were Freemasons. And Freemasons at that time tended to not believe that Jesus was G-D (Issac Newton wrote a paper supporting this position, he also was a Mason). That is not the same as being Deist. The evangelicals at the time of the founding were mostly Presbyterians (they were similar to the Baptists today) and Methodists (more like the charismatics today).

BTW, Jefferson was not a founder as the founders made sure that he was in France when the Constitution was written. Jefferson was very much an anti federalist as well as anti Masonic. He was seen as weird by Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, and Madison were the prime movers in creating the constitution.

Kind of shoots a hole in the "we are a Christian nation founded by Christians" pro theocracy movement huh?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kind of shoots a hole in the "we are a Christian nation founded by Christians" pro theocracy movement huh?

Not really. You forget the 200 years of existence that we had before we became a constitution republic. Much of that existence was governed by religious thought. Not only did we have the Puritans but also the Quakers, the Methodists and the Presbyterians (mostly Scots).

The leaders, ie the founders, were not typical of the people around them. For one thing was their education, their wealth, that they were Freemasons and biblical Unitarians. In 1750 the Methodists, who were the evangelicals at the time, swept the colonies to such an extent that they united the people thus preparing the way for the revolution.

And if you look at the writings of Washington, Hamilton and Madison you can see that they were deeply christian while being unitarian on biblical principles.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    If they allow the celebration/promotion of one religion they must give equal time, resources etc. to all recognized religions. Hence No religion in school is what we were taught.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they allow the celebration/promotion of one religion they must give equal time, resources etc. to all recognized religions. Hence No religion in school is what we were taught.

Which religion? Christianity is over 4000 religions, at least in the US.

And what happened to majority rules? Do the minorities (the few) now dictate to the masses?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

That argument would be reasonable in terms of justifying the school not sponsoring a religion or proselytizing (in addition to the establishment clause). It is NOT a reasonable argument for establishing a gag order on students.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    When kids accept the rule and say okay, the heck with it, "we'll just celebrate it at home", will the tentacles start reaching into the home to put a stop to it? That's the question.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When kids accept the rule and say okay, the heck with it, "we'll just celebrate it at home", will the tentacles start reaching into the home to put a stop to it? That's the question.

As long as we're not disregarding the medical advice of "real" doctors, or allowing young kids to be riding around in our cars without car seats, etc...we should be just fine.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The First order George Washington issued to congress is that they all go to St Pauls Chapel and pray to GOD that they would be able to have the wisdom it takes to run a great, righteous nation. By the way, that exact piece of real estate is today known as "ground zero". No matter how "quirky" your Christian neighbors are, I am sure they are better citizens and neighbors than the godless thugs that roam our streets and suck the prosperity out of our communities.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The First order George Washingtom issued to congress is that they all go to St Pauls Chapel and pray to GOD that they would be able to have the wisdom it takes to run a great, righteous nation. By the way, that exact piece of real estate is today known as "ground zero".

They all obviously didn't know about the "separation of church and state" clause...

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Back in the 60's, we had an ALUMINUM Tree. Does THAT mean, silver is a forbidden color, T O O ???????

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Back in the 60's, we had an ALUMINUM Tree. Does THAT mean, silver is a forbidden color, T O O ???????

That makes me laugh.

We had an aluminum tree also. We also had the spotlights to shine on it with the red/blue/yellow/green spinning color wheels. Those later got used as my "stage effects" for a band I had in Jr High named. "eighty six proof". Thankfully, I do not think any pictures still exist of the band.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

There are those who feel that teaching kids religion is child abuse. But they also feel that infant circumcision (Jewish and Muslim) should also be banned. France has been very strict about teaching secular values. Jews in Sweden and Norway face attacks over their religious views such that they have to have guards to go to shul. IN the Soviet Union I know of several families who had family members executed for teaching their children their faith.

Given the stuff going on now, it is easy to assume that the push for secularation would increase the restrictions on religion. For many here in the US the desire to completely destroy all religion, even neo-paganism.

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    What about us poor handicapped red green color blind people? Don't think of myself that way but know I have clothes that are not the color I think.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There are those who feel that teaching kids religion is child abuse. But they also feel that infant circumcision (Jewish and Muslim) should also be banned. France has been very strict about teaching secular values. Jews in Sweden and Norway face attacks over their religious views such that they have to have guards to go to shul. IN the Soviet Union I know of several families who had family members executed for teaching their children their faith.

Given the stuff going on now, it is easy to assume that the push for secularation would increase the restrictions on religion. For many here in the US the desire to completely destroy all religion, even neo-paganism.

I'm very confused now, are they trying to destroy religion? Convert us to Islam? or to modern paganism? At least Christmas would make more sense ha

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Wow, I was surprised to see this in Texas. I was expecting MA, CA, MD, or someplace like that.

I think libs inflate their fear of someone being offended. I had a Muslim student wish me a Merry Christmas Friday.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm very confused now, are they trying to destroy religion? Convert us to Islam? or to modern paganism? At least Christmas would make more sense ha

What's to be confused? The left is a mixture of neo-paganism, secularism and even Islamist.
    The problem is that when you believe in nothing, you will believe anything.

So why do you hate those of faith so much? Who hurt you?

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    It is all part of the plan take little pieces faith is the biggest enemy to the left they know people can endure anything with faith and always turn to it! They want us to turn to them big government

Top Bottom