What kind of grease do you guys use for your metal guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I also use Tetra. I've used it on various all metal CZs, 1911s, and Sigs with no issue. Sig is now shipping a sample of TW25B with their new guns, though, and I'm thinking of giving it a go.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Tetra Grease and TW25B are similar. Tetra seems to separate easier when its warm. I have not verified that Tetra works well in the cold as I have with TW25B (-8 F was the lowest temp I've used pistols that were lubed with it). Most greases get too thick/viscous in the cold.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There was a time when I would not have believed that we would see the day of having to specify 'metal guns'.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    There was a time when I would not have believed that we would see the day of having to specify 'metal guns'.

I don't like the way the plastic ones feel, so I ordered a metal gun (CZ SP-01) as my first gun, lol. Guess theres a bit more maintenance, but it just feels much nicer.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I use the stuff you buy in the auto store for use in a grease gun. I refuse to go along with the "special greases compounded on a planet far, far away in the universe and bought here by elves living in the darkest part of the Black Forest and packaged by them then sold to the shooting fraternity as 'special grease'."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't like the way the plastic ones feel, so I ordered a metal gun (CZ SP-01) as my first gun, lol. Guess theres a bit more maintenance, but it just feels much nicer.

I am certainly with you. I am just not a tupperware person!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    mp_90374.jpg

I could put some in a fancy syringe and sell an ounce to you for $10 if you want, or you could pick up a pound for $4.

Top Bottom