• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trimsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2024
    North Vernon
    No rush.... I am not in a hurry... I appreciate you looking when you have a chance.
    Stop it! I know your waiting like a kid at Christmas.
    From the chamber end of the barrel, spacing is as follows; 3", 3 3/4" & 5 3/16".
    The plugs; out to out measurement of the threads .158"
    The allen wrench is .078"

Now that you have that information, I believe it is an exercise in futility to port for a semi auto. You will get a high velocity round subsonic with enough porting. I had to remove all three plugs to get subsonic. Unless it was premium ammo, I had malfunction issues. At that point, buy premium subsonic ammo.
    Over a couple of years, I had that tube off hundreds of times, plugs in & out, with several brands of ammo.

It would work well for a bolt action.

Either way, have fun!

IMG_6209.jpg

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Stop it! I know your waiting like a kid at Christmas.
    From the chamber end of the barrel, spacing is as follows; 3", 3 3/4" & 5 3/16".
    The plugs; out to out measurement of the threads .158"
    The allen wrench is .078"

Now that you have that information, I believe it is an exercise in futility to port for a semi auto. You will get a high velocity round subsonic with enough porting. I had to remove all three plugs to get subsonic. Unless it was premium ammo, I had malfunction issues. At that point, buy premium subsonic ammo.
    Over a couple of years, I had that tube off hundreds of times, plugs in & out, with several brands of ammo.
    More like me sitting at the mail box looking for my .22 ammo I just ordered. And Independence day was yesterday.

Sounds like with the dimensions, it looks like an M4 screw with a 2mm wrench.

Right now with my cheap Wildcats, I was getting subsonic 3 out of 4 times without any porting. But reliability was 100%. Maybe if I soak them in water I can get them all subsonic. I know what it is like tearing something apart many times to get it to do something it does not want to. I will try my new ammo and see what happens. (maybe before I get bored with it.)

I know what it is like to give up on a project as I come to my senses. Like the cool idea of making a fire tower from a electrical tower. As I am standing next to one thinking how will I move this thing? I could see tipping it over and hauling it down the road, but not sure how to upright it again. (As my steel worker buddy said, "dude, those are heavy.)

Thanks for all the information!!!

Trimsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2024
    North Vernon
    More like me sitting at the mail box looking for my .22 ammo I just ordered. And Independence day was yesterday.

Sounds like with the dimensions, it looks like an M4 screw with a 2mm wrench.

Right now with my cheap Wildcats, I was getting subsonic 3 out of 4 times without any porting. But reliability was 100%. Maybe if I soak them in water I can get them all subsonic. I know what it is like tearing something apart many times to get it to do something it does not want to. I will try my new ammo and see what happens. (maybe before I get bored with it.)

I know what it is like to give up on a project as I come to my senses. Like the cool idea of making a fire tower from a electrical tower. As I am standing next to one thinking how will I move this thing? I could see tipping it over and hauling it down the road, but not sure how to upright it again. (As my steel worker buddy said, "dude, those are heavy.)

Thanks for all the information!!!
    You’re welcome!

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Sorry, I didn’t look at the poster! Also realized it wasn’t a sticky until after I suared it here. Hope you got some good advice over there.
    I appreciate the effort... More test ammo has arrived. I will get some numbers and ponder what to do. I might just pass on porting for now and check and Standard velocity prices.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Ok it looks like the ammo stabilized a bit. (breaking in a new barrel??) I used a rifle rest this time. I did not check for accuracy, no scope or sights right now.

I have some #s here if anyone is following along. Import stuff does have a smaller deviation.

SK ammo seemed oily? They were a little slippery to load in the magazine.

I thought it would be easier to scan VS copying the info. Sorry about crappy writing. Was trying to foot note while writing on bench.

- lowest velocity
    + highest velocity
    * average
    C range of velocity (FPS)
    (Diamond) Average deviation (FPS)
    T shot string
    22 velocity bw.jpg

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    BTW makes the chrony seem more accurate than I thought.

Eley red box Semi auto (.25 a round) and SK yellow box standard plus (.16 a round) are pretty good ammo.

I need to dig up a scope and check for accuracy next.

Top Bottom