• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I hate it when you go to a cookout and there is no ketchup. I personally buy ketchup by the case! Red Gold is the only way to go. Recently I have been using a lot of jalapeno ketchup called Mama Selita's Sauce that is made by Red Gold just to add a little zip.

Who here loves Ketchup and what brand do you buy???

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Only thing ketchup belongs on is fries, and maybe burgers. Most certainly NOT on a hot dog!

That being said, Heinz first, Red Gold second, everything else distant third.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    First off this topic is near and dear to my heart and i'm glad someone posted about it. Heinz is the shizzzle and that's all that needs to be said. Red gold tastes like a tomato with sugar on it. I'm all for indiana farmers, but that **** is just gross. Heinz makes low-carb ketchup and it has a great flavor (no sugar added). What i really like to do is take ketchup, and when i say ketchup i mean heinz as it's the only ketchup worth a ****, and add tabasco and franks red hot sauce. I'd drink that stuff as a beverage if it wouldn't get weird looks.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    183   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce FTW :rockwoot:

Ketchup is alright but BBQ sauce is better. Heinz is probably what I'd prefer if I had to choose. Ketchup goes best with fries or hot dogs IMHO. Some ketchup and fries from In-N-Out Burger sounds really good right now.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Can't get a ketchup that tastes anywhere as good as Heinz. I've tried to support Indiana farmers with Red Gold, but it pales.

As far as Ketchup on scrambled eggs. :puke:

Gotta be salsa on eggs. Only viable option.

VostocK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I like Heinz the best. On a side note, I've often wondered why there are only a few kinds of ketchup but there are like 20 different types of mustard on the shelves at the store. Why is there no honey Dijon ketchup ?

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Red Gold... supporting Indiana farmers! :D

HUH???
    Maybe local Farmers!
    I live close to the Geneva Red gold plant and i bet (without counting or keeping track ) that every otheir semi is from michigan !
    And i use a brand of ketchup they make it is Special recipe!

With out a thread jack do you all know that red gold has a stock up sale in the spring and fall !!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I like Heinz the best. On a side note, I've often wondered why there are only a few kinds of ketchup but there are like 20 different types of mustard on the shelves at the store. Why is there no honey Dijon ketchup ?

Dijon is a French town know for mustard. It would have to be Honey [Insert City Known for Ketchup] Ketchup.

The wife and I have differing views of mustard.

Me: Mustard should be like a mule that kicks you in the head.

Wife: Mustard should be an ingredient that is added to honey in small quantities.

I don't understand why you would put syrup on a sandwich. :dunno:

Top Bottom