• What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Total voters

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Raised in and saved in a Southern Baptist Church in Kokomo. I am now a member of the Presbyterians. I must admit though that I still tend to be a bit more fundamentalist than my Presbyterian fellows. Although in keeping with the spirit of my Lord's first miracle I don't seen anything wrong with a drink from time to time.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Raised in and saved in a Southern Baptist Church in Kokomo. I am now a member of the Presbyterians. I must admit though that I still tend to be a bit more fundamentalist than my Presbyterian fellows. Although in keeping with the spirit of my Lord's first miracle I don't seen anything wrong with a drink from time to time.

Yep, Jesus made wine... doesn't make a lick of sense that it would be "wrong" for us to enjoy some too. (gluttony aside of course)

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    born, raised, and still a baptist.

i grew up in a couple pretty conservative baptist churches. one preached that only the KJV Bible was the right one to preach/read from. music was always hymn, piano, and organ. went to church sunday morning, sun night, and weds night. heck, when you wore jeans on a sunday night, you'd think you'd killed someone from some reactions!!

once i got out of high school i realized that it wasn't the place for me...so i found a church where their philosophy was that we will adhere strictly to the 'Thou Shalts' of the Bible (10 Commandments), and everything else is preference...music type, clothes, version of the Bible, etc were all preference issues...even how many services you have in a week! TOTALLY different from what i was raised, but i knew right away that this was where i needed to be!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yep, Jesus made wine... doesn't make a lick of sense that it would be "wrong" for us to enjoy some too. (gluttony aside of course)

I've also read where even this is debated. Was it alcoholic or just grape juice? I don't care one way or another, but you can google links.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Haldir,
    There's a heck of a difference between PCA (me, in spirit, anyway) and Presbyterian USA.

I'm surprised someone didn't say Scientologist:dunno: or what's that thing Madonna's doing now?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Haldir,
    There's a heck of a difference between PCA (me, in spirit, anyway) and Presbyterian USA.

I'm surprised someone didn't say Scientologist:dunno: or what's that thing Madonna's doing now?

I can't say that on here they'll ban me for sure for that... :D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    None of the above. I just try to help people when I can, treat others the way I would like to be, and try to be as honest as possible without trampling on someone else's feelings. I guess kinda like karma. Do good things and good things will happen to you

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom