• Total voters

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just knew that my favorite MOD was patrolling this here Internet and it would be safe to post an unbiased, unabashed explanation. Does my post violate said rules and it clearly states Muslim :dunno:

Were you trying to violate the rules? I mean, was that the goal? Or are you trying to make some kind of point about how a discussion of religion is divisive and the only thing that matters is that we are all Americans?

Or did you see that we have 4 people in the poll who are Muslim and decided to blow a gasket?

Really not sure where you are trying to get to. I think Shooter521 was trying to figure out the same.

techres

P.S. 4 Muslims huh? Man, even with BOR we Jews come up short a player... Oh, wait! My wife is a member, we're back in the game! ;)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

P.S. 4 Muslims huh? Man, even with BOR we Jews come up short a player... Oh, wait! My wife is a member, we're back in the game! ;)

I'm more than a little surprised that no Buddhists or Hindus have checked in yet.... those aren't exactly small religions!!

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I dunno, I just thought the rest of us were being serious. :dunno:

Serious is boring and God has a sense of humor. :): If he didn't, this whole socialized healthcare thing wouldn't exist. :D

Ok, I was raised in a Church of Christ. Over the years I've also become quite familiar with the Catholic, Baptist, and Jahovah's Witness teachings (and some other various religious beliefs as well.) Quite frankly, too many of the people I've encountered I've found to be a bit creepy and very hypocritical. As I've aged, I've grown to prefer keeping to my own. I am a Christian, but I would not want to catagorize myself into one "religion" or another. I've become much closer to Him on my own than I ever did throughout years of "religious teachings". Not saying it's for everyone, in fact I love that not everyone sees things the way I do. It makes life much more interesting don't you think?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Hey I wasn't patrolling. I thought *I* was your favorite!? ;)

Psst... you are, just don't tell the others because they will all be jealous ;)

Were you trying to violate the rules? I mean, was that the goal? Or are you trying to make some kind of point about how a discussion of religion is divisive and the only thing that matters is that we are all Americans?

Or did you see that we have 4 people in the poll who are Muslim and decided to blow a gasket?

Really not sure where you are trying to get to. I think Shooter521 was trying to figure out the same.

techres

Hate to spoil your psychoanalysis but mine was the 1st Muslim vote cast :rolleyes: but I will agree to your opinion that we (most of us) are Americans and that is what should matter not race, sexual persuasion or religion etc. :twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Psst... you are, just don't tell the others because they will all be jealous ;)

Hate to spoil your psychoanalysis but mine was the 1st Muslim vote cast :rolleyes: but I will agree to your opinion that we (most of us) are Americans and that is what should matter not race, sexual persuasion or religion etc. :twocents:

Ok, that leaves me with two questions:

1. Are you a Muslim? (Can I leave my wife out of this thread?)
    2. What was your point? I missed it.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I Voted Christian. I belong to a non - denominational church. Have long believed that any "religion" that has anything to do with man deciding what is right and what is wrong, isn't the path that is right, since man not perfect and is destined to sin. Only following God is the true path to salvation.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Ok, that leaves me with two questions:

1. Are you a Muslim? (Can I leave my wife out of this thread?)
    2. What was your point? I missed it.

How is your wife in the thread? I must have missed something and Yes, Muslim today maybe Hogwarthian tomorrow.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    How is your wife in the thread? I must have missed something and Yes, Muslim today maybe Hogwarthian tomorrow.

techres said:
    P.S. 4 Muslims huh? Man, even with BOR we Jews come up short a player... Oh, wait! My wife is a member, we're back in the game!

Now I just need BOR... :):

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was raised by a southern baptist mother. When she moved up here from Kentucky, she was a member of the First General Baptist church. That is the one I grew up in. I didn't miss many Sundays or many Wednesdays. I REALLY hated being forced to go. When I went to college, I tried a few different ones: Christian churches, Methodist, Christian Reformed, Presbyterian. When my daughter and I go to church now, it's at a Christian Church. Scutter and I were married in a Presbyterian church and were members there. I use to teach Sunday School at the Christian Reformed Church for preschool aged kids.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I was raised by a southern baptist mother. When she moved up here from Kentucky, she was a member of the First General Baptist church. That is the one I grew up in. I didn't miss many Sundays or many Wednesdays. I REALLY hated being forced to go. When I went to college, I tried a few different ones: Christian churches, Methodist, Christian Reformed, Presbyterian. When my daughter and I go to church now, it's at a Christian Church. Scutter and I were married in a Presbyterian church and were members there. I use to teach Sunday School at the Christian Reformed Church for preschool aged kids.

Funny how so many different religions worship the same God, yet are so different... don't you think?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Funny how so many different religions worship the same God, yet are so different... don't you think?

Same God, different people. Since Christ has replaced law, there's no set way to worship, so different people are free to find their multiple paths to their final destination in Christ.

My wife works at one place, but I get bored driving the same routes all the time. There are at least 12 different routes I'll take in that short drive. Still, no matter what route I take, I always end up at the same building.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i guess the way i look at it, as long as you are a good person, i dont care what your faith or lack thereof is. i personally believe that even atheists can get into the afterlife depending on how they live their lives (and yes i know lots of people will disagree with me, but thats ok). i dont believe that an all loving God will punish someone for all eternity, but maybe for a few millenia. ;) i have certainly seen heathans who were far more Christ-like than a lot of religious people i know.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    i guess the way i look at it, as long as you are a good person, i dont care what your faith or lack thereof is. i personally believe that even atheists can get into the afterlife depending on how they live their lives (and yes i know lots of people will disagree with me, but thats ok). i dont believe that an all loving God will punish someone for all eternity, but maybe for a few millenia. ;) i have certainly seen heathans who were far more Christ-like than a lot of religious people i know.

I don't think that many will argue with you...other than those that don't believe in the afterlife.... Every Christian that I know of believes that atheists WILL go to the afterlife....now which side is the questions....I lean toward them going to the hot side.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I am a follower of the First Church of God.... when it is time, I go fishing! :D

I firmly believe that the idea of dressing up in clothes you would not normally wear, to go to a place full of people that you are secretly trying to impress on some level (you worry about what they will say about you behind your back - and you know that they talk trash just as much as anyone else); and sit there for ANY period of time, is just a waste. I believe there is a God, whatever his name is. I believe there is a heaven and a hell, and how you live your life will determine your ultimate fate. I don't like the idea that you can be evil your entire life (Hitler), but..... if at the last moment, you accept the savior into your heart, you will get a pass and go to heaven. I prefer to think that Hitler is getting porked with a pineapple three times a day, every day, for all of eternity! :rockwoot:

Judge me as you may, that is my belief - and I try to live my life accordingly, teaching my children about Karma and it's role in your daily life.:)

Top Bottom