• What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Agnostic but I don't get the "Don't Care" statement.
    While I may not believe, I do care about religion and will defend others rights to it.

Hope no offense was taken. If I could edit the poll I would rephrase it as "Not Interested." And good point for suggesting that you support the right to free religion even though you choose not to exercise it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I only had a set number of options to include. Since Christianity was 75% of the country, I decided to at least break it up slightly to include the largest groups, arbitrarily by percentage. My research told me that Catholic & Baptist represent the 2 largest Christian denominations.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm a mut.

Raised Episcopalian, attended a Presbyterian Church, married a Methodist -- and was married by a Baptist minister :n00b:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Atheist engaged to a Christian.

EDIT: Although, I can sometimes be found attending The Second Church of the Brass Rainbow.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Expected to be Pentecostal by my family without them being willing participants. Baptized in that movement. Moved on to non-denominational Christian. Went to Seminary and realized the Jewish-ness of my faith that rarely fits in the modern world. Jesus is still my Savior but I think I understand him better because of what I have learned about history and the ancient world. I think other religions can teach us a lot but not save us in the way that Jesus claims He can.

I worked with several beautiful practicing and non-practicing Jews and they came to warmly accept me. For a while, they thought I was Jewish because I told them that I remembered the Temple, I mourn on Tish-Ba'av and I was invited to one family's passover seder.

You could say I'm a mutt, of sorts, because I also love and hate philosophy at the same time. Existentialism is important to my understanding of how the world works. It is viral because I do proselytize or share my faith only when asked about it. I do not force my beliefs on others unless I see it necessary... like defending the helpless. ;)

I attempt to love all my brothers and sisters who serve YHWH. In a different manner, I attempt to love everyone else in the world. I'm extremely cynical (proper) so that is often a big struggle for me. I have good days and bad ones. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Expected to be Pentecostal by my family without them being willing participants. Baptized in that movement. Moved on to non-denominational Christian. Went to Seminary and realized the Jewish-ness of my faith that rarely fits in the modern world. Jesus is still my Savior but I think I understand him better because of what I have learned about history and the ancient world. I think other religions can teach us a lot but not save us in the way that Jesus claims He can.

I worked with several beautiful practicing and non-practicing Jews and they came to warmly accept me. For a while, they thought I was Jewish because I told them that I remembered the Temple, I mourn on Tish-Ba'av and I was invited to one family's passover seder.

You could say I'm a mutt, of sorts, because I also love and hate philosophy at the same time. Existentialism is important to my understanding of how the world works. It is viral because I do proselytize or share my faith only when asked about it. I do not force my beliefs on others unless I see it necessary... like defending the helpless. ;)

I attempt to love all my brothers and sisters who serve YHWH. In a different manner, I attempt to love everyone else in the world. I'm extremely cynical (proper) so that is often a big struggle for me. I have good days and bad ones. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

And may this Tisha B'av be the last of mourning :yesway: (which started at sundown tonight for those who do not know.)

I don't claim to be perfect in my religion, but I do what I see fit for me, and my relationship with The Almighty. You seem to do that too, and more power to you! :rockwoot:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

I'll probably regret it, but I'll bite.
    I'm a regenerated transplant. I was raised, unwillingly, in a baptist home. One night at an Apostolic Pentecostal church I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost (spoke in Tongues just like on the Day of Pentecost -Acts 2:1-38-and God made it happen) and was then baptized in Jesus name. It is a UPCI.org affiliated church.

Like the Jews, I believe that there is one Great Eternal Spirit that created all things. But, unlike the Jews, I believe according to Isaiah 9:6; YHWH became the perfect sacrifice for mankind by creating that 'Ohel' (man called Jesus, born under that perfect law, but born without sin), or tabernacle He could dwell in (Jesus), just like He dwelt with Israel in the tabernacle of Moses, under the Law.

It was the Catholic Mess and councils of Nicea that created the 'trinity' 400 years later, when they decided Mary needed to be worshiped. I believe there is One God, and now He has revealed Himself by Jesus, to dwell in us and make us 'lively' stones. Not three persons, but 1 Eternal Spirit that used a body, fathered by that Eternal Spirit, named Jesus the Christ, to pay for our sin and reconcile us back to Him.

Top Bottom