• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Line operator in a steel mill. Basically I just push buttons all day.

Prior to joining the steel industry I did residential carpentry. I sure miss building & remodeling homes, but even though the pay wasn't half bad, the benefits sucked.

I hope someday to have my dream job. Problem is I still don't know what that job is.:dunno:

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Line operator in a steel mill. Basically I just push buttons all day.

Prior to joining the steel industry I did residential carpentry. I sure miss building & remodeling homes, but even though the pay wasn't half bad, the benefits sucked.

I hope someday to have my dream job. Problem is I still don't know what that job is.:dunno:

I wouldn't trade construction ever again for anything else. Luckily my wife has Great benefits

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am a Professional Engineer registered here in Indiana. I am into Bridges, Roads, Water Systems, Sanitary Systems; almost everthing that will be needed later after the SHTF. Plus I am a War Veteren, a trained killer and a good shot. However, I am now old, fat and in need of shoulder replacement. War is Hell. I don't want my grandchildren to find that out the hard way. I much rather they believe me.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am a Professional Engineer registered here in Indiana. I am into Bridges, Roads, Water Systems, Sanitary Systems; almost everthing that will be needed later after the SHTF. Plus I am a War Veteren, a trained killer and a good shot. However, I am now old, fat and in need of shoulder replacement. War is Hell. I don't want my grandchildren to find that out the hard way. I much rather they believe me.

Project Management Professional here. I teach project managers. After that I am skilled in many things. It was my belief, as a teenager, that if the SHTF ever happened, one better be able to take care of one's self. I once read a science fiction story where the SHTF and those that couldn't take care of themselves were the first to perish.

I volunteered in the Air Force in 71 and ended up about as far away from VN as you could get, 3 stories underground in Omaha, NE.. There were only two places in the world that I could do what I was trained for, both in the states.

I liked what you said, "I much rather they believe me.", and understand the sentiment but at some point, they just plain do what they want. Much to my fatherly dismay, my daughter surprised me by joining the Marines last year; although, I am extreemly proud of her.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm one of the Army In Green Aprons, a slave to the Siren. I sling lattes and tell other people slinging lattes what to do. Proud? Not so much these days. Satisfied? Nope. But hey, it's a paycheck and insurance.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I liked what you said, "I much rather they believe me.", and understand the sentiment but at some point, they just plain do what they want. Much to my fatherly dismay, my daughter surprised me by joining the Marines last year; although, I am extreemly proud of her.

I considered joining the military, my folks were less then thrilled about the idea

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Im a crew chief (aircraft mechanic) with the 434th Air Refueling Wing at Grissom ARB. During the week im a civil service employee and one weekend a month i fulfill my military commitment. I love being civil service cause I get to go tdy alot, which just so happens to fund my gun addicction haha

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Senior Analytical Scientist* in an Atomic Force Microscopy laboratory. (Or, as I sometimes like to put it: a fancy photo studio--it's just the things we take pictures of are really, really, really small.)

*"Senior" as in "only." It's a small shop. There's the president and then there's me.

And just skimming through this (not reading 16 pages in one sitting) I've got to say: what a group of "gun toting rednecks." :P (That's "irony" in case anyone missed it.)

silfox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Retired in 1988 as Director MIS (IT) and taught Jr. College part time for 3-4 years. Have been a full time retiree since that time and have gotten quite good at the job.

Richard

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I push paper and talk on the phone, they took my computer away! No one else in the office has a clue to what my duty is....I use to have a real cool job, but those days are gone! 13 of the people I use to work with, are now employeed at other companies.

Today I got to go to the BMV to get a lisc. for the office pool car. When I went out to drive it, I discovered two tires were cut. So before I went to the BMV, the car had to go to the shop for new tires. That is what most of my days are like.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I push paper and talk on the phone, they took my computer away! No one else in the office has a clue to what my duty is....I use to have a real cool job, but those days are gone! 13 of the people I use to work with, are now employeed at other companies.

Today I got to go to the BMV to get a lisc. for the office pool car. When I went out to drive it, I discovered two tires were cut. So before I went to the BMV, the car had to go to the shop for new tires. That is what most of my days are like.

Vendetta!!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Own a print shop...so I do most everything, from graphics, run the press to shipping...running a small business is hard work, wouldn't recommend to anyone who values free time.

Top Bottom