• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The Wind and the Lion. 1975 Sean Connery, Brian Keith, Candice Bergen. Great show and rated by Guns and Ammo back when it came out as be top notch for firearms accuracy.

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    Lone Survivor.

Every red blooded American needs to watch this film! The book was much better but, that pretty much applies to just about every book to film movie ever made.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    wales.jpg

earp_doc.jpg

515PAX5773L.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Since this thread has risen from the dead, I vote for The Mummy, the 1999 version. It's an antique gun lovers smorgasboard.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Predator!! M-16's, MP-5's, GE mini gattling gun, knives and the cast of big bad men. When they mow the jungle down right after Blaine(ventura) gets killed, WOW WOW the best there is.

I was waiting on this one. This was my favorite scene for a long time, tree getting cut down shells flying oh yeah! My VCR tape was almost worn out on the scene. Old school I know but good stuff here. Love most of the ones listed here and have a few to watch now also. Again, great call HogDaddy!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "Matewan" by Liberal, Hippie, Douchebag Director John Sayles...Say what you may about his politics but by Golly the man knows how to film a gunfight and make sure the weapons used in the fight were age appropriate.....Here is the shootout scene from "Matewan" which is about the Coal Wars in West Virginia back in the 1920's.......

The man with the two big Colts is Sid Hatfield and from the reading I have done this is (the film) an accurate depiction of how the fight went down...For those that have went through ACE Outfitters to raft the Gauley or the New River you may recognize that the scene at the river at the end of this clip is where ACE puts in their rafts for the Upper New River Raft Trip....In reality Sid "Two Gun" Hatfield was a Smith and Wesson man and gunwriter Mike Venturino grew up there (in WV Coal Country) and had the chance to buy one of Sid's Smith and Wesson Triple-Locks in .44 special for the then princely sum of $400 from one of the Hatfields....Venturino says that is his worst "one that got away story":facepalm:

Here is the clip...Enjoy....

[video=youtube;PvVWWFRW0mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvVWWFRW0mw[/video]

And an actual photograph taken that day....

Last edited:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    "Matewan" by Liberal, Hippie, Douchebag Director John Sayles...Say what you may about his politics but by Golly the man knows how to film a gunfight and make sure the weapons used in the fight were age appropriate.....Here is the shootout scene from "Matewan" which is about the Coal Wars in West Virginia back in the 1920's.......

The man with the two big Colts is Sid Hatfield and from the reading I have done this is (the film) an accurate depiction of how the fight went down...For those that have went through ACE Outfitters to raft the Gauley or the New River you may recognize that the scene at the river at the end of this clip is where ACE puts in their rafts for the Upper New River Raft Trip....In reality Sid "Two Gun" Hatfield was a Smith and Wesson man and gunwriter Mike Venturino grew up there (in WV Coal Country) and had the chance to buy one of Sid's Smith and Wesson Triple-Locks in .44 special for the then princely sum of $400 from one of the Hatfields....Venturino says that is his worst "one that got away story":facepalm:

Here is the clip...Enjoy....

[video=youtube;PvVWWFRW0mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvVWWFRW0mw[/video]

And an actual photograph taken that day....

Im a history buff, and Im gonna find that movie now. Thanks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I was in Tombstone and we had some time before the reenactment show. Someone in the audience asked which of the movies best depicted the actual events. The historian there said that was kind of like asking which toaster was most aerodynamic. Regardless what your answer is none of them will fly.

Still, I think that was the best show.

Top Bottom