• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    do not get one, they are the crack / meth of guns..
    seldom do you find an owner who only has one...

Here's one.

Springfield Loaded that I've had for about 4 years. It's an accurate, reliable gun. If I had to pick only one, there are some others I own that would be retained first: 4506-1 Smith, 4553TSW, CS45, Sig 228 or 226, HK P7.

The 4506-1 Smith, in the same size, I far more prefer as a robust, single stack .45. Accuracy? It's a wash for me, between the 1911 and the HK P7. My wintertime carry is the 228 and summertime is the Glock 36.

No real desire for another.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    springfields are brazillian.
    Yep, ALL forgings come from Imbel-Brazil.
    Straight from a Springfield rep:
    "If more than 50% of the assembly work is done on one of the pistols in Brazil, then somewhere on that pistol it will be marked "Brazil". Should more than 50% be done in Geneseo, IL, then it does not require a "Brazil" marking. However, the frames, slides and barrels are all forged in Brazil... regardless of what markings are later applied or where the majority of the work is done."

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Yep, ALL forgings come from Imbel-Brazil.
    Straight from a Springfield rep:
    "If more than 50% of the assembly work is done on one of the pistols in Brazil, then somewhere on that pistol it will be marked "Brazil". Should more than 50% be done in Geneseo, IL, then it does not require a "Brazil" marking. However, the frames, slides and barrels are all forged in Brazil... regardless of what markings are later applied or where the majority of the work is done."

not quite true. for example, NM Loaded models and above use StormLake (which are made in the USA according to their website) 1-piece barrels instead of the standard two-piece barrels. At least, this used to be the case.

Otis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Thompson Auto Ordinace in nickel finish. It has a slight rough trigger pull. I may get that worked on some day. I would say they are heavy and low capacity guns. I would also say they are great guns (1911) My regret is that I sold my Singer made WWII 1911! I am going to sell a revolver to buy an Springfield xd soon!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Don't know what to tell you, other than take it up with this person:

Patti Boyer
    Customer Service Rep.
    Springfield Inc.
    800-680-6866, Ext. 8924

I don't have to take it up with anyone. Maybe that's how it is now. But my loaded came with a stock storm lake barrel. Unless bradis swapped it out for me when they got it. K thanks bye.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    not quite true. for example, NM Loaded models and above use StormLake (which are made in the USA according to their website) 1-piece barrels instead of the standard two-piece barrels. At least, this used to be the case.

Also, in the Springfield 1911 series NM does NOT stand for National Match....thats another common assumtion people make....and a super smart marketing tactic by Springfield...

Had a fellow try to sell me one, at a greatly inflated price, when I explained it to him, he stared at me like a calf staring at a new gate...someone had obviously sold it to him on that assumption....sorry but you got took partner!

Top Bottom