• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Reality

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    :noway:Hello all. I am new to this site. I want to say hi and look for some help. I was told some pretty bad things about this site and how it is ran but figured i would give it a shot. I set up an account. and spent a full days talking with folks on here about different things. I got up to 30 posts. The next day i was at 0 again. I really wanted to get in the classifieds but i guess i had to wait. finally i learned that you could skip the "magical" 50 posts if you just paid money. I thought it sounded fishy but i liked what i had seen up to that point (minus the annoying "magical 50") so i paid to be a sight supporter. 20 minutes later i posted an ad in the classified section about a few old guns setting around just to see if there was any interest. Then my account gets limited for 20 days for not having picture on the add. I paid good money to have an accout for 20 minutes. A little help would be appreciated from someone thats bee here for more than a day. Thanks,

Reality

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    The rules are important around here. It may seem strange to a new member, but trust me this is the best online community around. The people who stick around are top notch. Please read the rules in the classifieds and also the FAQs. It takes about 15 minutes and you will know the ropes. If you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

By the way, per the rules, if you are not going to post a pic in the classifieds, you MUST say "no pic". There is good reason for it. This avoids unnecessary bumps.

Have fun, its great here.

Imho "the magical 50" is a great way for new members to learn the culture of the forum. My 2 favorite places are INGO and Brianenosforums.com and both have great members and discussions.

Oh, by the way I have an Infraction on my account now for accidentally bumping my ad a couple hours earlier than allowed... its no biggie. The mods presence around here is a really good thing.

Last edited:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Welcome to INGO! first off there are alot of people that choose not to read and or follow the rules of this site and in return they get mad and turn into evil INGO heters.
    so take it as you would like and lear what you can. i have ben hot and heavy bumping heads with people on here, but in the end i look here for some GREAT information.
    there are a few different rules for posting in the classifides. and if you click on and of the classifides sections you will see the rules listed at the top of the forum***
    1) must have 50 QUALITY POSTS. you can't just use a bunch of one word posts and hope you get in.. the mods pay alot of attention to the posts, it limits the number of jackwagons that try to join.
    2) must state a price for a WTS ad, and trade interests for a WTT ad.
    3) must list your location
    4) must post pictures or state that you do not have any pics available
    (i will text them or e-mail them DOES NOT WORK)

because you received an infraction. it wasn't anything personal just typical procedure, I have seen my fair share of infractions.. i don't mind
    :D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    First of all, welcome to the site.

Second of all, ads are not required to have pictures, but they are recommended. If you do not post a picture, just state why you cannot post one.

Third of all, the 50 post rule is to help prevent people from signing up just for the classifieds. It is meant to get people involved in the community or donate to help keep the community going. Just stick around and contribute to the forum. You have 51 posts. The moderators may have deemed your previous posts to be one liners or not quality just trying to gain access. Don't feel bad, don't be upset. Contribute what you can and learn what you don't know. You'll enjoy the community.

Fourth of all, again welcome.

Her post was a ninja edit. She posted that he should become a site supporter, then found out that he is a supporter. Hence the smilie.

Reality

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    I AM! that is why i paid. If you look it says it above my name. But that doesnt mean anything other than they took my money apparently..... I am very unhappy about this. I was told by four of my friends that they spent more time playing "reindeer" games with the moderators than anything else on this site... I took my chances and i guess you just cant trust anything anymore. Sad!!!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Sounds like he did sign up to be a site supporter. Not certain why your account was limited, although it states very clearly in the classified FAQs that if you do not have pictures of the item, you must indicate that in the actual ad - so was that the problem?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

It's ok, dear. Everyone has that moment once in a while.. ;)

Mr. Reality: I'm certain one of our capable mods will be along soon to help you with your question.

As cyprant states, this is one of the best forums in the country. I've been members of many, not all firearms related. This place is a tight ship, run well. Since you've bothered to open this thread you would seem to be a reasonable person. See what happens.

Regards and good luck.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I AM! that is why i paid. If you look it says it above my name. But that doesnt mean anything other than they took my money apparently..... I am very unhappy about this. I was told by four of my friends that they spent more time playing "reindeer" games with the moderators than anything else on this site... I took my chances and i guess you just cant trust anything anymore. Sad!!!

I have addressed this via PM, but if you would like, please provide your PayPal address and I will gladly refund your money.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    But I'd guess if your buddies said they spent all their time "playing reindeer games" with mods, they were most likely dodging around making one line posts, fervently trying to get to 50 before they were caught deliberately trying to circumvent the rules. And if that's the case, they are owed no apology.

Reality

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    I have addressed this via PM, but if you would like, please provide your PayPal address and I will gladly refund your money.

No you didnt!!! You said rad the rules. Way to explain to a new person what has happened or ill happen. Great job! You earned another post!

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN

Believe me, the devil is in the details around here. You just happen to join at a time when many people were doing the same just to put their AR15's and AK's on the classifieds for 4 times what they are worth. That being said, the moderators are really being sticklers that ALL the rules in the FAQ are followed to the letter or you WILL be dinged. I got it myself as you did. Nothing personal, just read the FAQ page, understand what it says and follow it to the letter. Pretty simple once you read the FAQ. All your questions will have an answer in THE FAQ.:ingo:

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Welcome to INGO.
    The forum is great just really strict on the rules.
    Thanks for becoming a site supporter. It isn't a scam.
    They'll probably refund you if you request it but we hope you stay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom