• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I realize a lot of Police Depts have moved on from the 40 cal guns. Scooping up a G22 or 23 would be a heck of a deal at those posted prices. Spare mags, parts still available, and especially ammo on hand would tip my hand.
    I have 9mm guns aplenty, seriously considering a 40 cal again in my stable. Glock, S&W, Sig 226 all great buys. Better jump while they are available!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Ironically, the Gen 3 Glock 22 is the only Glock I've ever had reliability complaints about. Attach a weapon light to the front of one of those and try and shoot 180gr FMJ ammo through it and it won't get through a mag. We took the light off and it ran fine. Apparently it was a pretty common issue with them, but based on my prior Glock experience I'd have never believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Something about the way the frame flexes under recoil, and how that's altered by attaching something to the rail. Supposedly it gets worse as the springs age.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Ironically, the Gen 3 Glock 22 is the only Glock I've ever had reliability complaints about. Attach a weapon light to the front of one of those and try and shoot 180gr FMJ ammo through it and it won't get through a mag. We took the light off and it ran fine. Apparently it was a pretty common issue with them, but based on my prior Glock experience I'd have never believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Something about the way the frame flexes under recoil, and how that's altered by attaching something to the rail. Supposedly it gets worse as the springs age.
    The Glock 40 and WNL issue dates back to when Illinois State Police adopted them in 1998 ish. The Gen 4 in 40 suffered the same issues

And I can’t prove this but I believe it’s more than likely one of the reasons Glock made the Gen 5 40 cal with a 3 Oz heavier and slightly wider slide.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Glock 40 and WNL issue dates back to when Illinois State Police adopted them in 1998 ish. The Gen 4 in 40 suffered the same issues

And I can’t prove this but I believe it’s more than likely one of the reasons Glock made the Gen 5 40 cal with a 3 Oz heavier and slightly wider slide.

Didn’t it also have something to do with the type of light? Lights like the streamlight LTR-1 people could crank down pretty tight.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Didn’t it also have something to do with the type of light? Lights like the streamlight LTR-1 people could crank down pretty tight.
    I did not hear the specific lights mentioned however about every agency had the issues from Illinois to LA area and others. So I would probably be safe to presume several different lights could have caused the issue.

Top Bottom