• Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Great Shot

My cousin who was four years older than me was shooting at starlings with a Remington 512 and .22 shorts. Aflock of them flew off a tree 30-40 yrds away and he shot once. One froze with wings outstretched and spiraled down. Perfect head shot! At that point, he decided that he was done shooting for that day. You have to admire a man who knows when to quit.

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    In the mid 70s my ex BIL and I both had Browning BL22s. We used to shoot a lot of beer and soda cans at 40-70 yards. We used open sights. Then we would go squirrel hunting. My best shot was dropping a squirrel across a hollow with a straight on head shot at 70-80 yards. It didn't feel like luck ether because of all of our practice. It brings back fond memories ... I love that gun, I may pull it out this weekend and shoot it. :)

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Red squirrel head shot at about 120 yards with a Ruger 77/22. I was out hunting with my father in law when this little red squirrel came out on a branch. Father in law asked if I was going to shoot it. I said no it was just a little jimmie. He said it to far away to shoot anyway. Had a big fallen log to use as a rest and couldn't let this challenge go. Father in law never hassled me about my shooting again.

Top Bottom