• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I know you specified rifle, but my only memorable LONG .22 LR shot was with a S&W 617 revolver on a 4" diameter plate, offhand, double action at 100 yards. I think there was a little bit of luck in my pocket though as the other five in the cylinder never clanked as the first did.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Using My old match rifle, a Anshutz 1903, I can hit 6" spinners at 100Y+/-, with constant adjustment. I think the sight set is jacked up! It was a gifted to Me in 1988 by My jrotc instructor as .22 was phased out in favor of air rifles. I shot competition with this rifle for 4 years.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    6 miles 353 feet and 9 inches, over the shoulder, blindfolded and hammered, I hit a horse fly that was aggravating my dog, buzzing in circles over his head;) thanx for letting me have some fun.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    6 miles 353 feet and 9 inches, over the shoulder, blindfolded and hammered, I hit a horse fly that was aggravating my dog, buzzing in circles over his head;) thanx for letting me have some fun.

ha i beet ya mine was the same over the sholder blindfolded and hammerd and same target. only i killed the fly at 6 miles 353ft and 10 in. i thought about just taking his wings off but i really love my dog so the fly had to die. first lier doesn't stand a chance here.

ok seriously i killed a squirl at 50 yds. nothing to exciting

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    ha i beet ya mine was the same over the sholder blindfolded and hammerd and same target. only i killed the fly at 6 miles 353ft and 10 in. i thought about just taking his wings off but i really love my dog so the fly had to die. first lier doesn't stand a chance here.

That was u I was leanin against when I took the shot, u must have shot a split second after me and hit the fly 2nd as it was being blown back by my shot! Sorry to the O.P:hijack:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have saved up almost enough to get a great .22lr rifle that I lost years ago. I was curious what the longest shot you made with a .22 rifle open sighted or with scope?

Several years ago(30 or so :n00b:), I bought a Mossberg model 144 bolt action .22Lr.
    Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 bore-sighted to 100 yards.

Used to line up walnuts (in the hull) on the edge of an old concrete pad about 75 yards from the house. Go back upstairs and lay the rifle on the second floor window ledge.

Just plinkin', but loads of fun! Used to win quite a few bets with that rifle too. I still have it, and take her to the range now and again.

Talking about it again makes me think about taking it out for a squirrel outing :D

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash

Sorry about your fist shot though...

That flying bullet was just too much of a tempting target to pass up! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom