What is the cheapest rimfire scope worth buying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Actually I have a Ncstar on my 10/22 and she is a tack driver you can verify that with several NWI INGO members. Would I put one on a hunting centerfire or one of my ARs?? Not on your life!!! But it works great on my 10/22!!

I have not had a loss of zero or any problems. The last time I used it was in October, I pulled it out for the NWI Spring Fling shoot and it was still dead nuts!! Jedi said it was boring to shoot it was so accurate.

I of course did not use the cheap rings that came with it, matter of fact the rings I used cost more then the scope.

I also like the BSA brand for inexpensive scopes. I have a BSA Platinum on my Sporterized Mosin Nagant and it has held up to over 200 rather warm handloads going down range. Would I put one on my 700?? NOPE..

Spend the money you save on a scope on ammo. To many guys have buttloads invested in their guns and have barely thrown any lead down range.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Amazon.com: Bushnell .22 Rimfire 3 - 9 x 32 Silver Riflescope , Multi-X Rimfire w/ .22 Rings: Sports & Outdoors

I have the above on my Marlin 60 SB and am totally happy with it. :yesway:

Sits at 4-5x most of the time, 9x for range groups and ammo testing.

That's another thing, I read somewhere (chuckhawks?) that most rimfire scopes sit at around at 4x most of the time, so you don't need to buy adjustable ones. Then again, as you said, 9x seems like it would be helpful out at the range.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i would defintally go with the simmons as far as the cheapest 22 scope. i do not agree that most 22s sit on 4x. personally my 22s never see 4x. even at 50 yds i use 9x. under 50yds i dial down the power but i wouldb't use 4x until about 20 yds. (yes im in the minority on this) im one of those folks who is not happy having my crosshairs on the bull. i dont shoot until the crosshairs are in the exact (best i can tell) center of the bull. higher zoom allows me to find the exact center better

Top Bottom