25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    no comments just say what is the best

glock

bersa

s&w

taurus

Not sure if you realize it or not but you didn't actually name any handguns, but manufacturers.. Each of these manufacturers have come out with both "good" and "not so good" handguns.

As others have noted what are you looking for in a handgun? This will help narrow down our answers.

For example, if I said what is the best powertool and noted down Craftsman, Porter Cable, DeWalt and Harbor Freight, the responders couldn't really answers since there actually are not sure what kind of power tool I am looking for and for what purpose it's going to be used.

Now if I say that I'm looking for a hammer drill and that it's only going to be used once to drill holes (8) 1/2"holes into concrete and cost is an issue, I would probably say Harbor Freight since it's cheap, can do the job and you'll never use it again, but if your a contractor, I'd say DeWalt or Porter Cable.

I know you said no comments but right now I cannot decipher an actual question based upon the answers your providing. :dunno:

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Glock, Springfield, Browning, Colt, Kahr, NAA, Walther, H&K, Para, Beretta, Ruger, Steyer, Sig, Kimber, S&W, CZ and more. All good Manufactures depending on what you use them for and what model you want to carry.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure if you realize it or not but you didn't actually name any handguns, but manufacturers.. Each of these manufacturers have come out with both "good" and "not so good" handguns.

^^This.

self defence and targret shooting

You do realize that those two parameters exist at opposite ends of the spectrum, right? So, which one is it?

Do you want a 3" barrel carry gun or do you want a 6" barrel target gun? Do you want to spend $250 or $1,250? Do you want to carry it in a shoulder rig, IWB holster, OWB holster, ankle holster, or pocket holster? Do you want a ported barrel for target shooting? Do you want low-profile sights for carry? Are you concerned about capacity? Which caliber are you interested in? SD calibers are very expensive for target practice. Target practice calibers are underpowered for SD.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN

As others have noted what are you looking for in a handgun? This will help narrow down our answers.

For example, if I said what is the best powertool and noted down Craftsman, Porter Cable, DeWalt and Harbor Freight, the responders couldn't really answers since there actually are not sure what kind of power tool I am looking for and for what purpose it's going to be used.

Now if I say that I'm looking for a hammer drill and that it's only going to be used once to drill holes (8) 1/2"holes into concrete and cost is an issue, I would probably say Harbor Freight since it's cheap, can do the job and you'll never use it again, but if your a contractor, I'd say DeWalt or Porter Cable.

I know you said no comments but right now I cannot decipher an actual question based upon the answers your providing. :dunno:

name a not-so-good ruger.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Glock for semi auto.
    S&W for revolver .
    There are many gun makers that make fine products which are absent.
    If you had mentioned Ruger I would chose that manufacturer for semi-autos and it would be a close one for revolver with the Ruger and the Smith for revolver.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If you didn't own a gun and had to choose one of the manufacturers you mentioned, I would recommend the Glock. Then start building your collection from there. You will have moments where you want one particular gun, get sick of it, sell it, and buy something else. Or you could just keep everything you buy and end up with a ton of guns.

I really like my Glock 23 and I carry it the most. I don't usually carry a 9mm, but once in a while I take my Beretta 92 out to play. I also carry a Beretta PX4 .45 sometimes, as well as a 686 occasionally. IMO you cannot beat a .357 Magnum as the overall load of choice. I am about to dive into the 1911 and see how that fits my hip. Sometimes I feel like a woman choosing a purse to wear. It just depends on what I choose to haul around at the time. I almost always have my LCP in my back pocket though.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    name a not-so-good ruger.

As far as Ruger is concerned, the first round of SR9's, the first round of LCP's both of which had recalls on them. (by the way now that they have worked the bugs out, they are both spectacular firearms - see the Ruger SR9 thread and you'll see me sing praises of them)

With that being said, the "not so good" isn't necessarily the firearms themselves but matching up the use with the handgun.

If you're looking for a 9mm without a thumb safety or without a decocker Ruger is not going to be your choice.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom