What is the Alt-Right? Maybe you should ask one.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Melania won't move into the White House, Breitbart is the onsite publisher, Trump won't separate from his businesses....

...anyone else feel carsick?

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    First of all, I think Bannon never actually gets put up for confirmation. Second, I don't see any evidence that Bannon was a true-believer. He was a cynical user at most, but he should go.

Because Trump made up Bannon's position, there is no Senate confirmation necessary. The problem is (IMHO) that Trump TRUSTS Bannon's advice and counsel. After all, Trump's campaign was collapsing before he brought in Steve Bannon (and Kellyanne Conway) and now he is picking drapes for the Oval Office.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Melania won't move into the White House, Breitbart is the onsite publisher, Trump won't separate from his businesses....

...anyone else feel carsick?

They're saying the Secret Service is going to rent an ENTIRE floor at Trump Tower (on our dime, of course) for security for them, while Trump is in Washington, and the NYPD is planning to have an addition 300 officers on-site, at a cost of ONE MILLION Dollars per day. Cheese and rice!, what a nightmare for that city. He's putting us in the red before he even takes office.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    They're saying the Secret Service is going to rent an ENTIRE floor at Trump Tower (on our dime, of course) for security for them, while Trump is in Washington, and the NYPD is planning to have an addition 300 officers on-site, at a cost of ONE MILLION Dollars per day. Cheese and rice!, what a nightmare for that city. He's putting us in the red before he even takes office.

No amount of money is too much to spend on the imperial presidency.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So apparently both the left and the right are ok with it, leaving us in the middle paying for each side's respective crooks.

Here's the problem with that. People on the right aren't all okay with it. People on the left aren't all okay with it. People in the middle aren't all opposed to it. It's hard to resolve reality with just 3 pigeon holes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK with it? What does it matter if any of us are "OK" with it?

Here's the problem with that. People on the right aren't all okay with it. People on the left aren't all okay with it. People in the middle aren't all opposed to it. It's hard to resolve reality with just 3 pigeon holes.

Oooooh, I get it now. It's like the Muslim Terrorism thing. Just because the non-violent Muslims aren't condemning the bad actions of those who say they are representing them, they aren't necessarily complicit. That must be why the right-wing of INGO is so silent... save a few others, most notably Trigger Time who keeps it real. Kinda scary, but he keeps it consistent, at least.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oooooh, I get it now. It's like the Muslim Terrorism thing. Just because the non-violent Muslims aren't condemning the bad actions of those who say they are representing them, they aren't necessarily complicit. That must be why the right-wing of INGO is so silent... save a few others, most notably Trigger Time who keeps it real. Kinda scary, but he keeps it consistent, at least.

I think I've been consistently an individualist. Groups are comprised of individuals, who have subtly to widely varying viewpoints and actions.

I have consistently maintained that the left isn't monolithic. The right isn't monolithic. The middle isn't monolithic. Muslims aren't monolithic. INGO isn't monolithic. Blacks aren't monolithic. Whites aren't monolithic. Shall I go on?

Since you mentioned it, I have in the past thought that the more moderate Muslims should speak out against the extreme ones. And then BBIs explained some things and I've backed off on that viewpoint.

ETA: Remember that you're the one who treated those groups as monoliths.

Top Bottom