What is causing the downfall of our country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to sling some blame at the media. Not all. But some.
    Case in point, the full court press against guns right now.
    Full of inaccuracies.

You wouldn't by chance mean the same media that collectively seems to feel it has the right, even duty, to define America's views on morality, redefine our Constitution to fit its own agenda, and to steer national elections in the direction it decides will best fit that agenda?

Nah, couldn't be the same media--certainly not the same media that gave up reporting of facts for sensationalism decades ago, could it??

I guess you could say I've got very little of a positive nature to say about our media nowadays--and you'd be right.

On the other hand, what's worse--the current state of our media, or the current state of the majority of Americans, who don't bother to look for bias in the reporting because they're so busy blindly following that media in whichever direction the media pukes want to lead them?

And this is a serious question, not part of the above rant: Is it that the media is pushing folks into blind obedience to and support of the .gov nanny state, or is the media simply pandering to the national trend to WANT to believe in that nanny state in the first place?? I honestly don't know if it's one, the other, or both sides together...

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I rarely get involved in the political chat here or anywhere else for that matter. But I was sucked into a discussion today at work about what is causing the downfall of this country.

So what do you say INGO? I'll be reading but not commenting much as I'm looking for different point of views. I won't even give examples yet as to what was said today but I'm sure they will pop up.

The downfall is caused by the move towards collectivism and away from individualism.

Collectivism requires centralized power and control where few people decide on the course of society. As history has shown central planning has been an abject failure wherever tried and we seem hellbent on trying it more and more until our society collapses as well.

That and the 1913 Federal Reserve Act which guaranteed the destruction of this Republic.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom