What is causing the downfall of our country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I rarely get involved in the political chat here or anywhere else for that matter. But I was sucked into a discussion today at work about what is causing the downfall of this country.

So what do you say INGO? I'll be reading but not commenting much as I'm looking for different point of views. I won't even give examples yet as to what was said today but I'm sure they will pop up.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What caused the downfall? Good people tolerating evil entering their communities and the minds of their children.

How else can you explain how anyone in this country would vote for someone being investigated for espionage, who would attack rape victims, and laugh about overthrowing legitimate governments?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Based on my experiences, I believe that in an effort to provide a better life than they had, some parents have produced ill equipped, lazy, entitled snowflakes that can't understand why the world doesn't think they are special. Who, when confronted with the reality of their under performance, simply dismiss you as an unrealistic person that just doesn't understand them.

This is not everybody and this is not THE cause of our problems. But it is a problem that is a contributing factor IMO.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I rarely get involved in the political chat here or anywhere else for that matter. But I was sucked into a discussion today at work about what is causing the downfall of this country.

So what do you say INGO? I'll be reading but not commenting much as I'm looking for different point of views. I won't even give examples yet as to what was said today but I'm sure they will pop up.

50 MILLION people on Welfare, and food stamps, and less and less people WORKING !!!!!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    1. People who don't accept responsibility for their actions.

2. Corporate greed unconnected with any sense of national identity.

3. The interaction between variables 1 and 2: people who use #2 as an excuse to promote more of #1.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on my experiences, I believe that in an effort to provide a better life than they had, some parents have produced ill equipped, lazy, entitled snowflakes that can't understand why the world doesn't think they are special. Who, when confronted with the reality of their under performance, simply dismiss you as an unrealistic person that just doesn't understand them.

This is not everybody and this is not THE cause of our problems. But it is a problem that is a contributing factor IMO.

Possibly 1 of many "Causes"

These days parents are afraid or unwilling to punish a misbehaving child for fear of reprisal from authority's.
    Let one of the little snowflakes tell the school councilor the dad or mom kicked their tail and life as Mom/Dad knew it gets turned upside down.
    I am not a fan of severe corporal punishment but there is that old adage...spare the rod.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Too many Takers, not enough Makers

People who play by the rules being reviled as chumps. The explosion in the numbers of people without honor

Political correctness

The death of the idea of personal responsibility

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads