Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My wife and I started watching the last dance on Netflix last night. It’s about Rodman, Jordan and Pippen. I loved watching these guys play and wishing I was them as a little kid. I think these people need to look at these men and how much all of America loved them. And then tell me how all whites are racist. These men were hero’s to myself and most of my friends when I was growing up.

Okay. Let me show you what that really looks like:

Simply having the capacity to like/admire black people just for their raw physical ability, within a system of meritocracy rather than a system which recognizes the impact of intersectional lived experience of people of color, and not for their intrinsic value imbued by their race alone, does not confer acceptance of an anti-racist commitment to the cause to tear down the institutions that disfavor people of color. It takes courage to be anti-racist and to call out the inherent systemic racism of white cultural institutions like "meritocracy". That is the essence of "white fragility". You should simply prefer athletes of color over white athletes to regard as heroes because their lived experience makes them less privileged. You must also have the courage to enjoin the activism, to work along side people of color not just to end the racist meritocracy within the NBA, but to call out and tear down all the racist institutions in America. Only then can you be tolerated.

Disclaimer: Of course the above is satire intended to expose how uber woke people might try to deconstruct your post. It's sad that I have to add the disclaimer because I think it should be clearly received as satire. But people have taken it seriously in the past so...

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    scum.jpg

BLM.jpg

According to WGCL-TV, Cedar Grove High School Interrelated Teacher Brian Papin commented beneath the photo, writing: “Again! Your [sic] doing it wrong! One knee on the center of the back one one [sic] the neck and lean into it until death! You saw the video! Get it right or stop f***ing around!”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/viral-photo-kneeling-white-baby-neck-black-lives-matter-arrest

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For point #3, shouldn't 23% of the classes be taught be a black woman?

I mean, I know they are just trying to line the RIGHT pockets with these demands, but they should at least be consistent. Otherwise, their real motives kinda stand out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's fair that if we're going to impose the exact demographic proportions it better be all of them. So if the population is 1% Samoan, then 1% of your employees better be Samoan. **

** Oh, maybe we didn't think that out very well.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's fair that if we're going to impose the exact demographic proportions it better be all of them. So if the population is 1% Samoan, then 1% of your employees better be Samoan. **

** Oh, maybe we didn't think that out very well.

Not much of a problem unless you have 100 or more employees

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom