What instructor/school would you choose?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm kinda old, dumb, stubborn and slow. I'd take whatever wad of cash I could get and throw it in the bank. Then dole it out, with regularity, to the local trainers and those who choose to come here.

I might be way off base, but IMHO regular training trumps a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    I'm kinda in this boat. Sure, going to Thunder Ranch for a week would be way cool, but so would taking every class offered around here for a while.

Individuals who graduate from IUPUI School of Medicine are doctors just as much as those who graduate from Harvard School of Medicine.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm kinda in this boat. Sure, going to Thunder Ranch for a week would be way cool, but so would taking every class offered around here for a while.

Individuals who graduate from IUPUI School of Medicine are doctors just as much as those who graduate from Harvard School of Medicine.

And 50% of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.:D

I've been to Thunder Ranch, 4 or 5 Lou Awerbuck classes and a couple Pat Rogers courses. All were money well spent.

Now, I'd like to go to some competition courses. I've been carrying a gun almost daily for 30 years and never been in a gunfight.
    I go to matches every weekend during the season.....

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I'd have to take a week long 1 on 1 competition handgun class with Emanuel Bragg. If I wanted to get some rifle & shotgun mixed in I'd have Ted Puente school me while I was at it.

Not sure I could handle shooting 5000 rounds in a week but I'm up for the challenge:ar15: 3800 rounds in 2 weeks was enough for me last time I did something nutty like that :D

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Jim Higginbotham:

Rangemaster Course Descriptions

I talk to him on a semi-regular basis and find him to be down-to-earth and a very nice guy all around.

Someone else I talk to is a friend and student of Mas Ayoob, and I guess Mas is wanting to meet me. I'm afraid I've been talked up by the gent I know to a little more than who I really am. I think. I'm just another guy who analyzes things and has been in a couple altercations where loud noises were exchanged. Not an expert at anything.

Jim H though... I didn't even know he was famous until I asked him about an article he wrote for a magazine. I just got to talking to him one day on a board and found him to be a very nice, good guy who knows his stuff.

Josh

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    LFI 60% clasroom 40%shooting but you will learn the ins and outs of justified self defense, a lot of lawyers there when I took it ,AYOOB is an interesting guy ,take this course first,multiple appearances as expert witness :rockwoot:MTG has him train there:rockwoot:

Top Bottom