• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    This is what I'm talking about. Thank you, Zoub!

Never forget the mathematics of resistance. It is alleged that Ho Chi Minh said, "You will kill ten of our men, and we will kill one of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." Guess how that one turned out? Superior force isn't working in Southwest Asia, either. Anyone read Alexander Solzhenitsyn? And I mean read his books, not the random quotes on a website posted by Internet guerillas. They all moaned about what they could have, should have, didn't do. "Shoulda, coulda, woulda, didn't!" as my college roommate used to say. (generally with regards to women) Slash car tires, gang up on the two agents who would come to arrest someone. These are not single acts that in and of themselves would turn the tide of the conflict, but collectively would add up to make those on the other side -- who were following because it was easy to follow...that is, they faced no consequences since everyone they dealt with was cowed -- think twice about their participation in these acts.

While an undergraduate, I had the pleasure of hearing a lecture by, and with the help of my professor, having a personal conversation with, Jan Karski. Mr. Karski was active in the Polish Underground during WWII. He and many others risked their lives to get the story of the Holocaust out and to resist his nation's occupation. While a charming and personable man, he was also stone cold in a way. I asked him a question about a person he wrote about in his book -- Story of a Secret State, a great read by the way -- and he looked at me as only an older, wiser, "veteran" of the worst things life has to offer could and calmly said, "So many people died during that time..." and left it at that. If you have no appetite for loss, then you should surrender. If you understand that people come to Earth and people leave it, then you may have some options.

Lastly, resistance is an attitude, not how many South African battle backs or band aids you can fit into your BOB, though there may be a time and place when that becomes relevant. In preparing to resist, one needs to reference recent scenarios of successful resistance in the REAL WORLD, not the Red Dawn or Mad Max interpretations provided by Hollywood.

Hell, even Bugs Bunny, in "A Hare Grows in Manhattan", demonstrates a great understanding resistance: "I grabbed the nearest thing I could get my hands on, determined to make their victory a costly one."

Video Share - Bugs Bunny in A Hare Grows in Manhattan - Desene animate - Cartoon

:yesway:

Top Bottom