• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Or you could end up with a lot more cocky, arrogant, brash, rude and flat out crazy people that know if anyone confronts them they could pull their gun 1st.

I kind of lean towards the wild west analogy, because not only would good natured people have weapons but so would the stupid, immature, bad and crazy people. Those people who do not respect everyone else around them wouldn't think twice about drawing first to end a confrontation and you could end up with just as much if not more violence. You could also have really calm nice crime free towns as well.

Just remember it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the whole batch.

Common sense dictates otherwise. The hot headed types wouldn't last long. And people, knowing that the other is armed, are far LESS likely to start trouble.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I didn't think about the ammo lol. Though to make this type of existence more appealing to the liberal minded folks, I did float the idea of while everyone had to carry, you were only allowed one round in the gun?

Now I don't think that's a great idea, it was just a compromise I came up with.

And while I think Darwin was a fool, the foolish would be weeded out fast.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I don't think it's a good idea, and it's a little ironic. Being mandated to carry something would not sit well for people who don't want to carry, don't know or want to use them, those who are opposed to violence, etc. The general idea of the government making you do something against your will is another problem.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Well lets say they didnt force you to, but encouraged everyone to carry?

Well, I don't think "encouragement" has real legal weight. On the federal level, laws would have to be passed to make all states on equal grounds with carrying. With Congress as it is, they'll argue for 6 years on what color paper to print the licenses. People who want to legally carry do go through the right procedures anyway.

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    Well, I don't think "encouragement" has real legal weight. On the federal level, laws would have to be passed to make all states on equal grounds with carrying. With Congress as it is, they'll argue for 6 years on what color paper to print the licenses. People who want to legally carry do go through the right procedures anyway.
    michigan is open carry w/o permit as long as you are a pedestrian and you can legally own a firearm....if all states adopted that law, it would be a hell of a great start, and , in my opinion, a hell of a great thing
    :patriot:

Top Bottom