• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I really dig that rifle! How long did it take to build, what parts did you use, etc.? I've never seen a bolt handle like that on a Mosin. Sweeeeeet! and +1

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Specs are.
    17 5/8" barrel without flash hider.
    Bolt handle was made by me, mounted with hardened cap head screws.
    End of barrel was turned to .625 and a small counter bore on the end
    Receiver drilled and tapped for ATI scope mount.
    I made the flashhider ( In fact I made a couple, just to see how they would look)
    Shortened handguard
    Shortened cleaning rod
    3x-9x-40mm BSA scope
    I am a machinist by trade...didn't take too long..I started last Thursday.
    Hardest part was figuring how to make the bolt handle, in order for it to clear everything.
    Ebony stained stock.
    Glad you like it.

Last edited:

Brocksdad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    OK OK OK>>> I have a beautiful 1944 Nagant 44 Not the 91/30 I would love to geta a synthetic stock and maybe do some things like that to it. They are gerat shooters and very accurate. Would it be possible to get some of that stuff from you?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I went to work a couple hours early to be able to work on my stuff, the only problem was I took everything apart, then brought in a piece at a time, then when I would get home I would see how things fit. The lathe and milling machine I used are machines I run day in and day out. It would have been a lot easier if I had the entire rifle there when I was fitting things, it was kinda by trial and error. I did start another one...don't know exactly where I am going with this one. It will probably be my last...Mosins don't lend themselves very well to being customized. Don't have and extra parts to get rid of.
    I wouldn't change a M44 they are harder to come by.

Brocksdad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    We get them all the time down here, usuallly around 130.00 or so. I ahve a friend looking to get ride of 2 right now. let me know if you are looking for one. The gun shop that gets them is Bucks and jakes in Boonville IN.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    Very nice job. I usually like them left original , but that is pretty cool. M44's are harder to find around here also.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I figured if a M-44 can throw a impressive fireball, with a 20 1/4" barrel a shortened 91/30 with a 17 5/8" barrel should throw a better one.
    I ordered 2 Mosin 91/30's from Aim and they were both all matching numbered rifles, except for the bayonets. I had second thoughts about altering them, but that was the reason I ordered them..so I did it.
    10 years ago ...when they were $39.00 I had thoughts of making 2 floor lamps out of them, but floor lamps you could pickup and shoot.

Last edited:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I like that bolt mod!!! What kind of scpoe mount did youput on there? Those two things keep me from tricking out a 91-30. Is this something you would consider doing on the side, if you were sent the bolt and barrel?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I like that bolt mod!!! What kind of scpoe mount did youput on there? Those two things keep me from tricking out a 91-30. Is this something you would consider doing on the side, if you were sent the bolt and barrel?
    It has a BSA 3x-9x-40mm scope...came with the rings too. I ordered it from Natchez, I paid $64.00 for 2 of them. No time to do it on the side, I did it at work. I can post pictures of the bolt handle. The rough contour was sawed out of a 3/4 thick steel plate. Then finished on a belt sander. Some I made didn't make it.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I also like things the way they came from the factory, but this time I made an exception. Never done this before, just a quest for a bigger fireball.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We get them all the time down here, usuallly around 130.00 or so. I ahve a friend looking to get ride of 2 right now. let me know if you are looking for one. The gun shop that gets them is Bucks and jakes in Boonville IN.

I've been looking for an M44 or M38. The trick will be getting the Minister Of Finance to agree that I need an M44 when I haven't even been able to shoot my 1891/30 yet! :rockwoot:
    I'll be in Newburgh this weekend. Are the M44's at Bucks and Jakes now where I could see them? How can I contact you?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Almost done with another one, this one is also drilled and tapped for an ati scope mount, but no mount or scope. I mounted a front sight ramp and a marbles front sight. It will have a 18" barrel and altered bolt handle. If it looks good I will post it...if not I will hide it...LOL

Last edited:
    Top Bottom