What I learned at the gun counter today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've yet to see one in person, but I hear they're pretty nice. More than I'd wanna spend, but hey, if anybody has one they don't like and are thinking about giving away, shoot me a PM.. I'll take it off your hands..

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    HMMMM...whoever you heard #'s 1 and 2 from sounds like a guy I used to know. The guy I know has a special federal permit to carry any weapon he wants, full auto or otherwise anywhere he wants, on commercial flights, into federal buildings even into the White House. It's very difficult to get this permit he says! He was also in the Hell's Angels and was special forces in Nam.

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    I've seen one of the .380 micros before and they are very cool looking. Just another reason why my paycheck is often gone before it gets here. ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd have been hard-pressed to keep from saying something snarky, like "were you born that dumb or did you have to work at it?" in response to #1 and #2. :)

Were these employees at Big R or fellow customers?

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HMMMM...whoever you heard #'s 1 and 2 from sounds like a guy I used to know. The guy I know has a special federal permit to carry any weapon he wants, full auto or otherwise anywhere he wants, on commercial flights, into federal buildings even into the White House. It's very difficult to get this permit he says! He was also in the Hell's Angels and was special forces in Nam.

Yes, I know him too. Here's his picture. ;)

LB67.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'd have been hard-pressed to keep from saying something snarky, like "were you born that dumb or did you have to work at it?" in response to #1 and #2. :)

Were these employees at Big R or fellow customers?

-J-

Customer. The employee kept his mouth shut, and finished his sale LOL.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Always get your legal advice from strangers on the internet, NEVER strangers in a gun store! :):

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Uh, at the risk of sounding really dumb...HUH? What does #1 mean?

He's joking. The guy that told him these things is obviously blabbering BS that has no meaning. He has only come here to mock him. It is common to post about some of the crazy "gunshop lore" that we hear. These things are not true, and they're just some of the BS things that people spew from their mouths.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Uh, at the risk of sounding really dumb...HUH? What does #1 mean?

There seems to be a myth going around that if you have a LTCH, you are prohibited by law from having the gun in the open. This gentleman was quite adamant about it.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    That is to funny Joe. Thanks for the laugh. I wonder how these people come into their infinite wisdom. It must be the voices. They never lie.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    someone on this board offered me a DE micro .380 for my lever action... thought pretty hard about it but had to turn down the offer... just not a .380 guy myself.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    LMAO. I was in walmart yesterday doing the same thing, checking ammo prices and the like when the guy next to me struck up a conversation. About a minute into it, these are his EXACT WORDS. "You know, all these people running around with guns I'm glad the navy trained me to spot someone who was packing from a mile away." I nodded my head, walked away, and patted my G23 IWB......damn training must have worn off!! I wonder if everybody in the navy gets that training........nah couldn't be must have been one of the special ops classes!!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    LMAO. I was in walmart yesterday doing the same thing, checking ammo prices and the like when the guy next to me struck up a conversation. About a minute into it, these are his EXACT WORDS. "You know, all these people running around with guns I'm glad the navy trained me to spot someone who was packing from a mile away." I nodded my head, walked away, and patted my G23 IWB......damn training must have worn off!! I wonder if everybody in the navy gets that training........nah couldn't be must have been one of the special ops classes!!
    Well I feel cheated. Five years in the Navy and I never got that class. Shoulda went special ops.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Well since I had lived there for a great deal of my life I guess I can say, that theese people are everywhere in Crawfordsville. There are quite a few that I have known that can tell you every law in the book, as long as there the ones doing the writing.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    OTOH, I did see an interesting, tiny little gun today. A teensy, tiny .380 called the Desert Eagle Micro. I'm gonna have to study up on that, and think about buying one, just so I can say I have a Desert Eagle. "This is my .380 Magnum. It shoots through... well not much, but it's my Desert Eagle, dammit!" :D

They call it the noisey crickett!

noisy-cricket-mib.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom