What I learned at the gun counter today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    LMAO. I was in walmart yesterday doing the same thing, checking ammo prices and the like when the guy next to me struck up a conversation. About a minute into it, these are his EXACT WORDS. "You know, all these people running around with guns I'm glad the navy trained me to spot someone who was packing from a mile away." I nodded my head, walked away, and patted my G23 IWB......damn training must have worn off!! I wonder if everybody in the navy gets that training........nah couldn't be must have been one of the special ops classes!!

You should have said,
    "really?? you think a lot of people are packing?? You don't see anyone carrying a gun around here, do you?? I'm trusting you to protect me!!"
    :shady:

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You should have said,
    "really?? you think a lot of people are packing?? You don't see anyone carrying a gun around here, do you?? I'm trusting you to protect me!!"
    :shady:

Damn......should have been a little quicker on my feet. Next time I encounter this situation, I'm going to post on here via blackberry, take a trip around the store and come back to read the replies. I can only imagine what the guy would have come up with on that one!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Damn......should have been a little quicker on my feet. Next time I encounter this situation, I'm going to post on here via blackberry, take a trip around the store and come back to read the replies. I can only imagine what the guy would have come up with on that one!

Don't take it too hard. I can only come up with witty comebacks here. I probably would have given him a "you can't be serious" look and thought of something clever later, then kicked myself.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I wore my XD out to several stores yesterday, and no one said a word. Well, except for the girl behind the counter at Gander. (Uh oh, what did she say?) "Can I hold your (backpack) for you?" I'd been traveling by motorcycle.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    HMMMM...whoever you heard #'s 1 and 2 from sounds like a guy I used to know. The guy I know has a special federal permit to carry any weapon he wants, full auto or otherwise anywhere he wants, on commercial flights, into federal buildings even into the White House. It's very difficult to get this permit he says! He was also in the Hell's Angels and was special forces in Nam.

Damn! I know that guy as well!

It IS a small world! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom