• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Just paper and a few appliances with tanerite so far, but I am planning a trip for some prairie dogs soon, and I'm always on the lookout for coyotes.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Agreed

I haven't killed anything with mine because killing animals (especially when not necessary for your survival) is disgusting and weak, and getting excited or bragging about it makes you pathetic.

Yeah! Why can't you people just go get your meat from the grocery store instead of killing animals? :( :( :(

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    Shocker............. the truck that delivered your vegan magazine to the hippie store ran over a chipmunk en route.

Like it or not, your living means that animals are dying. Either you do it directly, for food and or sport, or indirectly. Tier 1, 2 or 3, nobody lives without blood on their hands.

If you don't like hunting, or meat, so be it.

Those who truly worship animals and want the least impact from their own existence put the barrel in their mouth and pull the trigger.

Anything less means you don't believe your own BS cause.

I'm not going to get into a deep philosophical discussion with you in this thread, but suffice it to say that one can try to reduce the negative impact on other animals (I'm a vegetarian too) without going to the extreme of killing oneself. I do what I can. I don't worship animals (or anything else, for that matter) but I also don't want to cause them unnecessary pain. But it boils down to the fact that a lot of people just don't give a ***** and have no empathy or compassion for animals. But whatever. Nothing I say is gonna change anyone's mind on this board. I like guns and I've come to terms with the fact that a TON of the other people who also like guns are people who I have nothing else in common with whatsoever. And that's fine.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hunters, by funding and management, are actually a positive to animals.
    Nature, by design, is pretty tough on them.
    Conflict, disease, injury.......those who actually spend time in the field see something much different than what Disney portrays.
    Like it or not, even a misplaced bullet or arrow kills faster than Mother Nature does when operating in "her way".
    IIRC there was a bull elk on a Yellowstone TV show, took 5 days IIRC for it to finally weaken enough for the canids to move in and kill it, by eating it while alive. 5 days (of course the video was edited). The elk was in bad shape, starvation (reportedly a very painful path to expiration) ...........for some time before it became immobile.
    Weeks of agony, then munched while alive.
    When habitat loss moves critters from an area, there's no "welcome wagon". Most areas operate at a decent capacity based on a variety of reasons.
    Another population moves in and there's stress and conflict, above the norm. With more animals eating the same stuff, the food supply drops and animals get weaker, allowing for higher chances of disease, or starvation. Many times there's enough of a die off to allow a rebuilding population to make it.
    But starvation and disease doesn't just take down a few animals and leave the others alone. Often it affects all.
    Think about all the small and maybe not so cuddly critters than moved, crowded and died..........when you look at that new mall they made just outside of town.
    Think about them and the ones that died outright, when you buy some nifty repurposed feel good product from that store.

I hunt, and have killed a lot of critters. I do care about them, probably more than you do. But that's probably beyond your comprehension.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not going to get into a deep philosophical discussion with you in this thread, but suffice it to say that one can try to reduce the negative impact on other animals (I'm a vegetarian too) without going to the extreme of killing oneself. I do what I can. I don't worship animals (or anything else, for that matter) but I also don't want to cause them unnecessary pain. But it boils down to the fact that a lot of people just don't give a ***** and have no empathy or compassion for animals. But whatever. Nothing I say is gonna change anyone's mind on this board. I like guns and I've come to terms with the fact that a TON of the other people who also like guns are people who I have nothing else in common with whatsoever. And that's fine.

Oh my god your a vegetarian? What about the feelings of all the plants you eat? They have feelings too. What makes an animal have any more feeling then the trees you chew on?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It's OK, all those plants are free ranging and wild.
    There was no habitat destruction or alteration to natural animal food sources by making and maintaining a crop field.
    No damage to foliage or wildlife in getting the material from the field to home either......walks or rides an old bicycle, takes a different path so as to not leave any "footprint".
    Why, even his PC is made of fallen trees and his electricity comes from a rescue badger (plods along in a big wheel, kinda like a giant hamster, but only when it feels like it, lest it be considered abuse).

Last edited:

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Sellersburg

You know what
    Your a pro-gun guy and I'm glad you are here to be a part of this forum

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Time. :)

And some pumpkins.

And the Easter Bunny.

bunny_guts.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Obviously your not fine with it at all sense you lumped all of us together and then threw your little unmanly insults in for free. If your din't kill anything with your AR then why did you even post.....? Troll comes to my mind.

Top Bottom