• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Most of my prepping these days involves reading and reading some more. Here, there, everywhere. Something more material will follow, but for now this is what I have time and energy for.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out a bit, ran.

One dry fire session. G19 and AK.

One trip to the range, did a little work with the AR, G19 and J frame.

Took a new shooter to the range and got her up to speed pretty fast.

Competed in an 18 hour adventure race. This is training for me. For $130, people will set up a course with 40 check points to find in the woods, all over Jackson county in S. Indiana and Starve Hollow state park, give me a map, feed me, billet me, loan me a boat, provide a ropes course, medical back up and turn me lose to plot those points and find 'em. It is an annual test to see if I can propel myself for 18 hours straight, no matter the pain, fatigue, hypothermia, water-logged, injuries and dehydration, and still plot UTM coordinates accurately and think clearly until the end.

I started some raised beds for the garden this year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The National Resources Preparedness Order will be used to confiscate food stores, equipment, and if I understand it correctly, your family can be put to work. "They" would like to know where things are just in case they need them. A USDA rep came out to my farm awhile ago and asked a lot of questions. They called me for about a year wanting to know if I was storing small grain on my property, but I would not tell them, which gave them the answer anyway. Obama signed the National Resources Preparedness Order and then the Farm Census was sent out. I did not reply for the two they sent. Last week I was called by a USDA rep and was told I had to reply because it was the law and they would continue to contact me until I gave them the information. I consented and she asked the questions. All of the questions started with "Did you" because this was supposed to be a census for 2012. I answered more questions than she asked. I had explained why they wanted the information and she said she would check into the National Resources Preparedness Order. Then the only question that started with an "Are you" came at me. She knew how I felt about the census so she said "You probably don't want to answer this one, "Are you storing any type of small grain on your property?". She had asked me about animals and a lot about hay, but she didn't ask me if I was storing any hay. I said it was still not their business and I did not answer the question.

Sorry about the long story, but I'm trying to explain that "they" would like to know what we have stored. If you trust the government then the National Resources Preparedness Order probably makes sense to you; even putting you to work. If you don't trust them, then this new order just fits in with all of the rest of them.

They are taking inventory.

This is why I no longer post in this thread. Sad but I saw this coming when Barry was re-anointed.

Most all of our preps were lost early this month in a horrific boating accident.
    Put me to work barry....really.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This is why I no longer post in this thread. Sad but I saw this coming when Barry was re-anointed.

Most all of our preps were lost early this month in a horrific boating accident.
    Put me to work barry....really.

With all due respect and I genuinely mean that, EFF that. I'm going to post more about what I do do and less about what I just got a deal on. If you want to hurt uncle Sam's feelings then don't just buy guns and ammo. Use them, and learn how to use them.

Tonight I had some failures that I'm not real proud of but I'm going to fix it in short order. I keep my AR zeroed for 300 yards because when I go to the range I like to stretch things out quite a bit. Well tonight I found the problem with that shooting at close range like 50 yards and under. Red dot and back up sights were way off for shooting that close. If I had to hit a small target precisely at that close then I'd have been out of luck.

Took a new guy to guns out tonight and we talked about a lot of the basics. The intro to guns started with showing them how to use an "H" bandage and a TK4 just in case one of them did something dumb and they had to work one me. We tried out a sport smoke battlefield smoke grenade and while it was cool, I think I prefer the smaller sized smoke grenades personally. After we were done shooting we tried out a little container or tannerite. I was impressed and I'll be buying more. Two of the guys had never heard of it, and afterwards we had a little talk about what I used to do for uncle Sam. The guy who'd never shot before will likely be buying first gun soon. Next time they're over I've give them a little demo on precision shooting at distance.

Tonight my prep was getting a new guy familiar with firearms and over the intimidation hurdle. Now he's intro it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With all due respect and I genuinely mean that, EFF that. I'm going to post more about what I do do and less about what I just got a deal on. If you want to hurt uncle Sam's feelings then don't just buy guns and ammo. Use them, and learn how to use them.

Tonight I had some failures that I'm not real proud of but I'm going to fix it in short order. I keep my AR zeroed for 300 yards because when I go to the range I like to stretch things out quite a bit. Well tonight I found the problem with that shooting at close range like 50 yards and under. Red dot and back up sights were way off for shooting that close. If I had to hit a small target precisely at that close then I'd have been out of luck.

Took a new guy to guns out tonight and we talked about a lot of the basics. The intro to guns started with showing them how to use an "H" bandage and a TK4 just in case one of them did something dumb and they had to work one me. We tried out a sport smoke battlefield smoke grenade and while it was cool, I think I prefer the smaller sized smoke grenades personally. After we were done shooting we tried out a little container or tannerite. I was impressed and I'll be buying more. Two of the guys had never heard of it, and afterwards we had a little talk about what I used to do for uncle Sam. The guy who'd never shot before will likely be buying first gun soon. Next time they're over I've give them a little demo on precision shooting at distance.

Tonight my prep was getting a new guy familiar with firearms and over the intimidation hurdle. Now he's intro it.

I suppose that would be one way to break it off in Barry's back side. Just that they have enough people to police this and acquire all that info scares the living hell out of me.
    WE get as many people as are willing to try into the sport of shooting.

WTFU people. They are running amok on us and the low to no info voter is the primary reason. I know....go to the political threads with this. It's late, I am tired as I work my tail of to maintain a lifestyle. They work a lot of tails off to control it and take as much as they can.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN

You should change to a 36 yard zero so that you're not getting as large of a variation out to those ranges. It's the best zero for the .223/5.56 IMO.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with Teddy and others. I WANT the fedgov. to keep track of me. I WANT my numbers, aggregated with thousands like me, to go into their calculus, when they are figuring out their chance for success.

I WANT them to sit back after crunching their numbers and coming to the same realization that Hitler did when considering attacking Switzerland.

"Man, there are just too many of them, and they all have rifles and training, and lots of ammo" We don't have enough manpower to last 48 hours of no-knocks. "

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    I agree with Teddy and others. I WANT the fedgov. to keep track of me. I WANT my numbers, aggregated with thousands like me, to go into their calculus, when they are figuring out their chance for success.

I WANT them to sit back after crunching their numbers and coming to the same realization that Hitler did when considering attacking Switzerland.

"Man, there are just too many of them, and they all have rifles and training, and lots of ammo" We don't have enough manpower to last 48 hours of no-knocks. "

The Feds are building a swell new facility in Utah to keep track of all types of communications. They said it won't be used to store data on U.S. citizens. You can believe that if you want to. I believe the folks we should be concerned about are the New World Order groupies and that the Feds are just following orders. When they make their move all of the information they have gathered will help them.

I have told a lot of people that I will be happy if my only contribution in this is too make the Feds nervous. We will not stop them, but we can slow them down. A couple of months after Obama was elected the first time an ATF Agent and a local Sheriff came out to my home. I was not home so he left his phone number. I called him later. He wanted to know why I was making so many firearm purchases. I told him there was a gun range nearby and that we were going to become very good with firearms. I told him I was one of those people that are clinging to my religion and my guns and that he can put me at the top of his list. He laughed, but I'm pretty sure I got put on the list.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bought a survival bag for my truck last night... $26 from Ebay

I'm sure its made in China... but what isn't these days? Outdoor Sport Military Tactical Rucksacks Backpack Camping Bag Bags USA Stock | eBay

Anyway... I needed a cheap bag for under the back row seats. This should do me fine. Now I just need to make a list of stuff to fill it with.

I want this bag to fill 3 purposes (to some extent).

A. Get home bag
    • Flashlight
      3 cheap rain ponchos
      2 Liters Water
      Emergency Liquid Card $100... if you are Ex-Military and bank with Chase, you should look into this ;)

B. Emergency Medical bag (first response bag)

• General First Aid Kit
      Tourniquet
      Basic Meds (Aspirin, Tums etc...)
      Sun Screen
      3 Tooth Brushes / small toothpaste
      Bug spray
      Glow sticks or road flares/signs for night time roadside emergency

C. 72 Hour bag (the absolute basics... I'm not looking to make a condo)

• 50rds 9mm
      Water purification straws
      3 MRE's
      Knife
      Paracord
      Tarp
      Matches and Lighter
      Wet Wipes
      10ft Duct Tape
      Bar of Soap
      1 Small airtight container
      1 change of underwear and socks for all 3 of us

Hopefully I can get all of this stuff to fit... if not I can add another small bag to separate the medical supplies, but I don't think it will be a problem.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Along the lines of this little distraction to the thread I keep trying to convince a guy I know to actually get out and shoot the ammo he's got stored up. For whatever reason he's got his 1,000 rounds + of ammo but he won't shoot any of it. I've asked him if he could carry all of it, "No". Could he carry half of it, "No". Then why the heck not get out there and shoot some of it up and learn a new trick or two that might save your life?!?!?!?!?!? He's new to guns and probably doesn't even have 300 rounds through his AR-15, but he'll tell you that he knows how to shoot with it. About the time he starts feeding me that line of BS I just smile and tell him that some little experienced hunter kid with a 22lr is going to end up with all his gear and be the better off for it.

I've done nothing illegal and I've followed the letter of the law to the "T". They might not like that I have guns & ammo, but so long as it's legal it's not their choice.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Grab an Appleseed target... set it up at 25yds and tell him to hit the 400yd target from Prone. When he can't (and he probably can't.. definitely not consistently)... tell him if that was you on the other end he would have been dead.

Shooting man sized replicas is an eyeopener for new shooters. Hitting a milkjug at 25 yds isn't much of a challenge and isnt a good indicator of how difficult it is to hit a stationary man at combat distance... (let alone one that would be moving around and shooting back)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Grab an Appleseed target... set it up at 25yds and tell him to hit the 400yd target from Prone. When he can't (and he probably can't.. definitely not consistently)... tell him if that was you on the other end he would have been dead.

Shooting man sized replicas is an eyeopener for new shooters. Hitting a milkjug at 25 yds isn't much of a challenge and isnt a good indicator of how difficult it is to hit a stationary man at combat distance... (let alone one that would be moving around and shooting back)

Nothing changes your plans in a fight more than the first hit to the mouth. Everything is out the window then.

Same with defensive shooting. One thing to kill a milk jug or smoke some card board....Totally different when the damn jug is shooting back at you.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Burned up 150+ rounds in the old S+W 9mm...nary a hiccup . Old reloads, HP s, heavy and standard
    weight bullets. That's why the Illinois state police carried them for so long..reliability. also played with the. 22 and some redcoats targets.
    Had a lucky (maybe) break. Was getting ready to sow some oats and clover in a spot that was formerly planted with buckwheat ....and low and behold, there was volunteer buckwheat coming up from last year. I backed it up with leftover seed from last year ...I guess the hens will have to eat buckwheat.
    Now I need to find some sorghum seed. ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom