Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife is finally getting up and around after surgery. She is looking forward to getting back in the swing of things and has been making plans for my time, effort and money.
    She wants.....
    More shelving space....I have been tasked with coming up with said shelving space.

This means more preps.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Planted 4 20' rows of carrots, 4 20' rows of lettuce, 3 20' rows of onions, 8 tomato plants, blackberrys, blueberrys, grapes, raspberrys and ten more strawberrys. I've been a planting fool this year.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I wonder if there is a market for paper logs? I have a metric butt-ton load of paper that needs shredding, but we don't use our fireplace . . .

Get some Soy wax. its cheap and it starts melting at around 100 degrees. We take paper, shread it, melt down some wax, put in as much paper as you think it takes, and mix it all around and shove it into a PVC pipe. When it dries, push it out and you have a log that you can light and it will burn for hours.

I do this regularly and I also do this with sawdust. My father has butt loads of clean saw dust from a large dust colletion unit in his woodshop.

Egg cartons and cupcake wrappers work well also.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought 3 boxes of ammo (limit of 3 per day :() Will go back tomorrow for the rest (3) if they are still there.

Ordered & received shocks for the larger tool box I will be trading my son for. Unfortunately, they were too small and won't hold the lid open. I will order a larger set asap.

Stocked up on more paper goods and canned ground beef.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Bought some surplus wet weather gear, pants, hooded raincoat, and some nice heavy duty ponchos. I got enough ponchos for all of us, so the rain coat and pants will go in a separate, smaller bag in my truck, poncho is going in an outer pocket of the GHB.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plowed /disced and cultivated both big gardens...now to lime and seed. Got a rifle back in a trade...trying to consolidate to a few calibers...might hit TSC tommorow...need fence wire...list never ends.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Picked up 3 - 50 round boxes of .40 caliber ammo yesterday. Went back today to get 3 more, but they were all gone. :( (There were 5 left yesterday) Bought a handlebar bag for my bike.

Last edited:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Tilled in and planted my garden. Tilled in my neighbor's garden. Tilled in another neighbor's garden. Got some berry bush starts from them for my work.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Bought 3 boxes of ammo (limit of 3 per day :() Will go back tomorrow for the rest (3) if they are still there.

Ordered & received shocks for the larger tool box I will be trading my son for. Unfortunately, they were too small and won't hold the lid open. I will order a larger set asap.

Stocked up on more paper goods and canned ground beef.

So when you returned the shocks, did you get your son back for 'em?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Picked up some odds and end's for the bug out bag. A rubber band ball, bug spray, energy bars, empty Platypus water container and some extra dehydrated food. I also repacked everything in freezer bags, both for easy compartmentalization as well as keeping things dry. Also picked up some ammo at a great price. Still looking for a lightweight backpacking hammock.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Bought chicken wire to wrap a used dog kennel we are repurposing for chickens....and electric fence wire and insulators so we can keep the big stupid dog in the back yard...maybe we're going at this backwards?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Went out to a friend's property yesterday and sighted in some new rifles and rifles I already had, but put new optics on. Had a fun day at the range and slung some lead on his long range with my .223 bolt gun. I was hitting 6x9 steel plates at 458 yards. It was a good day.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Busy week, nothing was accomplished on this list by ME. The stuff in the garden already is growing on its own. A new TOY arrived after a 6-month wait for delivery. Plata y pluma ordered a few weeks ago are now secured. I need to have some free time to do IMPORTANT stuff and spend less time at my 2 jobs.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    The National Resources Preparedness Order will be used to confiscate food stores, equipment, and if I understand it correctly, your family can be put to work. "They" would like to know where things are just in case they need them. A USDA rep came out to my farm awhile ago and asked a lot of questions. They called me for about a year wanting to know if I was storing small grain on my property, but I would not tell them, which gave them the answer anyway. Obama signed the National Resources Preparedness Order and then the Farm Census was sent out. I did not reply for the two they sent. Last week I was called by a USDA rep and was told I had to reply because it was the law and they would continue to contact me until I gave them the information. I consented and she asked the questions. All of the questions started with "Did you" because this was supposed to be a census for 2012. I answered more questions than she asked. I had explained why they wanted the information and she said she would check into the National Resources Preparedness Order. Then the only question that started with an "Are you" came at me. She knew how I felt about the census so she said "You probably don't want to answer this one, "Are you storing any type of small grain on your property?". She had asked me about animals and a lot about hay, but she didn't ask me if I was storing any hay. I said it was still not their business and I did not answer the question.

Sorry about the long story, but I'm trying to explain that "they" would like to know what we have stored. If you trust the government then the National Resources Preparedness Order probably makes sense to you; even putting you to work. If you don't trust them, then this new order just fits in with all of the rest of them.

They are taking inventory.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom