• Status
    Not open for further replies.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Finally started to prepare. I have always had the tools and equipment. I just now got around to putting everything together.

Built B.O.B's for each family member centered around the individual, as well as extras in mine for "the girls"
    Built my GTTF (get to the family) bag. I know others call it a GHB, but let's face it the odds of my family being home is pretty slim.
    Finally organized my long term survival supplies. Broke them up into smaller kits of food, water, etc. and staged them in different locations around the state. (I'm fortunate to have a job with a lot of convenient "storage" around the state, as well as spread out family. This way No matter where I am No more than 2 hrs from a stash.)

Purchased 250 rounds of .45, and 300 rounds of .223.

Pretty good week for me.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Today I had a talk with the boy about what to do in an emergency.
    This week I have also made a list of things to buy immediately. Went to a couple stores and bought a few things but plan a trip to Walmart this weekend. Also looked through the emergency kit I put together several years ago. I was impressed with what was in there.
    Next up- a trip to the range.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Ordered a "Stove in a Can", obtained (pilfered from my son :D) 2 more mini flashlights to store in prominent places for emergencies. Purchased a mini (3.1 cu.ft) fridge for my camper. (It has a seperate door for the freezer)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Swapped out the center jump seat in my truck for a console. Now I have a better use of space and a good place to mount a radio. Best part of all, it was only $30 from Pic-A-Part and that included an overhead console.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Checked out my son's truck bed tool box by putting the stuff from mine in it because his is wider. (But, not as deep) We may switch once he replaces the shocks on it - and I get keys made. (He bought it used)
    It is much larger and I could get a lot more stuff in it - and - it will help with making my truck bed look shorter. (It's a long bed - which I don't like)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Checked out my son's truck bed tool box by putting the stuff from mine in it because his is wider. (But, not as deep) We may switch once he replaces the shocks on it - and I get keys made. (He bought it used)
    It is much larger and I could get a lot more stuff in it - and - it will help with making my truck bed look shorter. (It's a long bed - which I don't like)
    You should be able to get the key code off of the lock and call the manufacturer for replacement keys.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    You should be able to get the key code off of the lock and call the manufacturer for replacement keys.

Yes. He removed the lock and I will take it with me tomorrow and have keys made for it. (At least I hope it's not too old to be in the book.) The box on my truck was too old and the poor man had to "build" a key for it. It cost a LOT more than just cutting a key. I have the name and number of the son's box as well.

My son just informed me that the shocks have been ordered and should be here by the end of the week.

prepper24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My dad and i got our raised beds built and bought some seeds. First attempt at gardening I'm nervous but excited. It'll feel great to know I can raise food and won't be entirely dependent on my food stores if SHTF

Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Congrats on the raised bed, I'm sure they will turn out fine. We tilled the garden last week and the wife bought all non hybrid seeds this year. Going to try store seeds from this year to plant next year.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Picked up a two man crosscut saw for pretty cheap...blade's a bit rusty but straight with no kinks or dents. Still a bit of sharpness so should be ok to finish cleaning and sharpening..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Bought 5 different books on being self-sufficient, raising bees and chickens. I just found out all my pasta was not stored properly and now have weevils in it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I knew I should of but it in mylar.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Ordered some parts for the new rifle.
    Attended the fire starting class at Indiana Self Defense.
    Wrote down questions that I need to work on finding solutions to.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Links for the brick maker and manual shredder please??

I don't know of a manual paper shredder, but this is the paper log maker I have.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/4-in-1-Paper-Log-Maker/dp/B005VSB500]4-in-1 Paper Log Maker: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]
    I haven't used it yet, but have slowly been building up piles of shredded paper to use. I'll try and do it in the coming weeks.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom