• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well, I learned how to use a tiller and tilled up a big area for the garden on Saturday. Sunday I cleaned out any grass & sticks out of the garden, planted around 15 different berry plants and 11 fruit trees. Slid into a river twice on Sunday and showed my little girl how to not get water out of the river. Got dirty, got sweaty, pulled a loaded cart a mile or so and worked a shovel. A good old fashioned of manual labor followed up by some quality time with the neighbors beside the grill with some cold drinks. If everyone had a weekend like that consistantly there'd be world peace.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Just got done running my generators. The two small ones fired right up, but I had to coax the bigger one to run. It's looking like I am going to need to make sure to run them more often, and get some starter fluid to have on hand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never get tired of the confused look people give me when I start up my generators in summer to make sure they work.

We used to get this a lot but the neighbors are used to it. They also know to get their own gennys. I have (2) 4000 watt cont. and (1) 1000 watt cont. to run (2) houses. We never run them all at the same time. Told locals mine are too small to run cords everywhere.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Inventoried the 22s...spread the horse poo on the big garden ...started the tiller for the wife..collected an old dog kennel from a friend to repurpose as a chicken pen . Time to get a coop built....

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Marked all my ammo cans with their contents, had a lawyer draw up a Trust for my NFA items (wasted money? maybe? hope not), acquired a couple more barrels for water, got some more oil for the lamps. Going to take them camping for ambience ! LOL At least that is what the wife agreed to!

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I let the kids taste test the Nido Milk from Wal-mart to go with our Provident Pantry milk. As we usually us 1%, it was a little rich for two of them but the third thought he was in milk heaven. Bought a large bag of sugar and rice from Sams. I was royaly disappointed that the one we went to did not have the big bags of pinto beans but I will just have my husband pick those up at the one down south later in the week. Ordered some mylar blankets for the vehicles and a heavy duty can opener. Ordered some Augason Farm dried soup from walmart.com to see if we like it. Oh and I bought some Tattler canning lids to try them out. Anyone used them before? I know it is mostly all food and such but that is MY job. I also bought a size bigger shoes for the boys to grow into it is hard when they are still growing because you have to rotate the shoes and such kinda like the food.:rolleyes:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bought some mechanix gloves. The Mpact Covert Glove to be precise. Also found a "relatively decent" deal on .40 S & W ammo so grabbed 200 rounds. And bought a paracord bracelet.
    I usually buy the cheaper gloves for work because I go through them so quickly, but have been looking for some decent gloves to keep with my rigs and rifles. Have you used those gloves before? How do you like them? Do they allow decent dexterity?

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I usually buy the cheaper gloves for work because I go through them so quickly, but have been looking for some decent gloves to keep with my rigs and rifles. Have you used those gloves before? How do you like them? Do they allow decent dexterity?
    Supposedly they excel at dexterity but I have yet to get my hands on them. I will post my thoughts here when they come in the mail. I think I may just keep these in my BOB and get some cheaper ones for everyday use.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I worked out hard 5 days in a row. Back to running near full speed, but still not cutting.

Dry practice 3 times this past week: G19, AK, shotgun

1 Sparring/heavy bag/drill session.

Practiced knots, underwater.

Finished planning a 2 day FTX for the crew this coming weekend

Bought 100 rds 12g shotgun shells.

Finished reading "No Easy Day" about SEAL Team 6 and the takedown of UBL. I typically take notes when reading an autobiography or nonfiction of this type, and come away with a few new tidbits of operational, training or planning wisdom.

Tested all my gear: 4 radios, NODs, lights, strobe, ear pro, camcorder, etc for FTX. Checked buckles, slings, mags, cleaning gear, vehicle check, medical gear, boots and so on. All GTG.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Finished assembling my AR, got the mags loaded up and will go to the range this weekend.

Also bought:

30gal water
    2 cases of bottled drinking water
    3 cases of ramen noodles
    Some MRE's
    100rds of .223
    150rds of 9mm
    150rds of 20ga

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Found 1,800 rounds of ammo I could use. Didn't hurt too much. Bought before the next guy.

Made Aimpoint happy this week. The items were not on backorder.

Finished switching my rechargeables over to eneloop batteries with C and D inserts. The old rechargeables will be spares.

Added to the quick and ready food stash.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Put together a paper brick maker that can make four bricks at once. Got the wife a hand cranked paper shredder and put her to work. Next week we should be starting to make paper bricks for emergency heat/cooking.

Wife has me shopping around for 40 cal to stock up on.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Building a grab bag for the alternate storage site. Still trying to perfect the ultralight backpacking kit. Got the taxes done which netted a large return, so that will be used by the wife for a new bathroom instead of supplies. The next one is mine to use. Loaded all the 9mm and 40 bullets I have. Starting on 308 and 300 WM next week.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Put together a paper brick maker that can make four bricks at once. Got the wife a hand cranked paper shredder and put her to work. Next week we should be starting to make paper bricks for emergency heat/cooking.

Wife has me shopping around for 40 cal to stock up on.
    I know someone selling 1,000 rounds of .40, if you're interested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom