• Status
    Not open for further replies.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I ordered a generator from Northern Tool, they've back ordered it twice, supposed to ship on the 24th, hopefully it'll get here before summer. Tilled the garden to get it ready if it ever warms up and stays warm.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I stocked up on candy after Easter. Now I am prepared until after the next holiday! I have also been stocking up on the .39 veggies (green beans & corn) every time I go into Kroger. Sale ends today I think. I also bought more canned beans but I really need to try canning my own. The UPS guy brought a couple of boxes today of some good stuff and I think my husband my cause my mail carrier to quit if he doesn't stop ordering stuff because they really can get 69 lbs. of stuff in those priority boxes!!!! lol

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Wife is getting into it. She is now only going grocery shopping once a month, unless sale + coupon makes a storable item cheap cheap. Might be able to extend that as we start getting to eat out of the garden.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Took the family out on a Sunday hike at the dunes then headed to Bass Pro for a few things, my daughter lives in Portage and our next project is to take out the tents, hike and use water purification system. We realized were a few bug out bags short. Were having fun as this is a work in progress. We've had a talk about firearms I/we aquire are not to be sold, given away or regarded as usless. It's a small inheretance to protect themselves when I'm gone.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Hi all, I've been lurking around this thread for a while but I hope to contribute regularly now!:):

In the last week I've tilled the gardens in preparation for planting some of the seedlings grown indoors already and planted more seedlings under the grow lights for planting later. I also restocked the copy canning pantry where we've mde some dents. My wife tried her hand at making bread from scratch with some improvement from the last time.

I also made a little GHB / travel kit for when I fly. It's made of a 3pc AWP tool kit on a carabiner from Lowes which I put in basic GHB supplies that can easily be included with my checked luggage. I will work on including contents soon.

Thank you all for this forum, I've learned a lot and hope to contribute more as I elevate my preparedness.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    11 fruit trees about 6' high of 4 different types of fruits will be at the house this weekend. I don't expect any fruit this year and maybe some next, but the following should be a nice year to harvest food right off the trees. I have seeds started, but I'm still finalizing where to put the garden in this year.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    First time to post in this thread.

Decided we needed to be a little more organized and thought-out in our prepping. So I've had a couple discussions with hubby and done some reading.

Hubby bought ammo since he found some.

I bought a few seeds but don't know how well it will work.

I got the water container out of storage. Decided it was silly to have it sitting empty when for next to nothing we could have another gallon of clean water.

I also did a quick inventory of food supplies and decided we needed a lot more canned goods. Next up-along a list!

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Planted potatoes, radishes, onions & peas in garden. Planted 6 different veggies in pots to grow indoors until FROST-SAFE.

Got a good idea from FLHULTRA 2 posts above. Checking on getting a kit for my gen. now

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Made some adjustments to my GHB and put some stuff in the toolbox on my truck. (Never know if I'll have to hoof it home.)
    Got some more paper products.
    Added some things to the camper - non perishable.
    Printed out some more Inventory Tracking forms. (Will do another inventory asap.) (Wish I had more ammo. :()

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have not done much the last week or so. The purchasing agent (wife) is in the hospital after some serious surgery and we are on hold until I get her back in the game. All I can do now is read what you all have done.

Stay safe,

-CM-

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    added propane conversion to the genny.
    check these guys out www.uscarburetion.com
    every nut and bolt included in the kit , if you can get the air cleaner box off you are done. it's that simple no alterations to any thing.

That's the second time I've been to that site in the last couple of years. That has got to be the worst web site on the planet. I can't figure it out this time, either.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Have not done much the last week or so. The purchasing agent (wife) is in the hospital after some serious surgery and we are on hold until I get her back in the game. All I can do now is read what you all have done.

Stay safe,

-CM-

No good. Riding season is getting started and you're out of the loop. Be sure to hold mama tight and keep your eye on the prize. You'll have plenty of time to get ready, the fed isn't running out of paper yet.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Spent the weekend camping with the family. Used the Grand Trunk ultralight hammock for the first time. Easy set up and very sturdy and comfy to boot.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Ooops!

Some food item missed the rotation plan. They are going to the food pantry and replaced......

Seems some human mice got into part of our comfort food. Nothing major but some tape will keep them out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom