• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Got more ammo, got some more MREs and FD foods. Got another pair of 5 gallon water cans and a pump for the half dozen big barrels. have also lost another 7 pounds on the getting in shape front.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I went through all my ammo and did an inventory. I've been doing a lot of shooting and sighting in scopes this last couple of months.
    I snatched up 500 rds of .243 and 1000 rds of .308 at a very good price.
    I am going to look around for more .45acp and .223 for good deals. Not real low but not where I want to be either.

.38 Special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    This week i got a dual mag pouch for my carry gun and some cleaning supplies. You never know when you may need to carry extra.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Put together an emergency medical bag with ash extra flashlight and knife. Put a multi tool in every vehicle. Picked up case of Yugo surplus ammo, 2 food grade 55 gallon drums, 8 - 8 gallon mini drums. 1/4 of beef, 1/2 a hog and 15 gallons of gas for the generator! Hate to lose the meat! Working on building a bigger pantry in the basement..... Wife isn't disagreeing with the prepping, but not really into it as of yet either. Looking back...... Dang expensive week!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I highly advise that you build that stove and burn the paint off outside,
    or sand-blast in and out and use stove paint. The paint on those drums will burn and run you out of the shop...

Yes sir, that is the plan! I learned that by watching a buddy build one and the smoke was poring out of his garage, the fire dept. showed and actually made him put it out lol.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What have I done this week...

Drug my Great Grandfathers John Deere B out of storage, and have began the process of getting the ol' tractor running. Quite the chore since she has not been started for 10+ years, and no nobody put any Sta-Bil in the tank full of gas when they parked it in the barn...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What have I done this week...

Drug my Great Grandfathers John Deere B out of storage, and have began the process of getting the ol' tractor running. Quite the chore since she has not been started for 10+ years, and no nobody put any Sta-Bil in the tank full of gas when they parked it in the barn...

Know of these and would love to see a pic of it complete with 10 years barn "Patina" on it.
    Great grand dad had an old "B"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Know of these and would love to see a pic of it complete with 10 years barn "Patina" on it.
    Great grand dad had an old "B"

The pic does not do the Ol' Tractor Justice. She is ROUGH looking. I bet there is 100 pounds of dirt, dust, grease, oil, and manure on it...

I'll take a couple of better pics in the Morning with a Camera instead of with my phone...

GranddadsBtoucheduppic.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think it's beautiful! Congratulations. I hope you can get her running.
    Thanks!

After we spent the afternoon draining the turpentine and scraping the varnish out of the fuel system, we noticed it was not making spark, I do not have a Condenser or Points for the Mag on hand. I will have tomorrow morning and spares.

This winter it gets Body work done on it, and Paint and Decals. ;)
    If the World does not end in December... :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The pic does not do the Ol' Tractor Justice. She is ROUGH looking. I bet there is 100 pounds of dirt, dust, grease, oil, and manure on it...

I'll take a couple of better pics in the Morning with a Camera instead of with my phone...

GranddadsBtoucheduppic.jpg

Yup...first Tractor I ever operated.
    I wanted to see it just like it is. gramps left his out doors a lot and it always ran after some fresh gas and some "Adjusting. Pulled it with the flatbed a few times as well. I think one of the kin-folk still has it.

Great days.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yup...first Tractor I ever operated.
    I wanted to see it just like it is. gramps left his out doors a lot and it always ran after some fresh gas and some "Adjusting. Pulled it with the flatbed a few times as well. I think one of the kin-folk still has it.

Great days.
    I never remember this one being used/started. Not to say it wasn't I know Granddad used it to mow and what not with. :dunno:

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Finally bought a generator. Nothing to big too but enough to run my furnace, fridge, and a few lights. Also bought a thick cable with a pad lock, bottle of stabil, spark plug tool, spark plug gap tool, oil, 5 gal of gas and a grounding rod to go with it.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Built a firewood rack today out of a bunch of fence pipe I had stored away in the attic. It will hold a 1 1/4 cord worth and have plans to build another so I will have 2 1/2 cords stacked. Split half of the wood on Thursday but it after splitting from 10:30 am to 9:30 pm my butt was worn out so I decided to take a couple days for my body to recover and start the racks. Also burnt the paint off of one of my steel 55 gal drums that I will be using for a barrel stove in my workshop.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Built a firewood rack today out of a bunch of fence pipe I had stored away in the attic. It will hold a 1 1/4 cord worth and have plans to build another so I will have 2 1/2 cords stacked. Split half of the wood on Thursday but it after splitting from 10:30 am to 9:30 pm my butt was worn out so I decided to take a couple days for my body to recover and start the racks. Also burnt the paint off of one of my steel 55 gal drums that I will be using for a barrel stove in my workshop.

You still splitting the wood you posted pics off ????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom