Installed new hardware and buffers on the AKs
    Reloaded more 9mm

tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I spent this morning organizing the stock in our pantry. Last night two of the cans of vegetables I pulled out for dinner had expired. I do not have a problem eating expired canned food, but I would rather eat the oldest first. It took a few hours, but it is better organized and will be easy to maintain.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I bought a dehydrater and a food saver. I also got more toothpaste. Oh, and a pair of hiking boots.

The head mechanic at work is going to give me an old cabinet (with locks) when he gets around to cleaning it out. It's old and ugly (dull green & gray), but it will go into the basement so who cares? :dunno:

So far, I have been given an old "housekeeping" cart and 2 shelves (no frame) from him - as he cleans up the shop. (He recently took over the position when the former head mechanic retired and he is a little neater.)

Did I tell you that I LOVE FREEBEES!? :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everything is getting looked at again. Spouse health issues have changed many of our plans. Taking a very hard look at refrigeration issues for her meds.

My spouse has some serious medical issues as well. Any Bugging out would be by vehicle only. She has a lot of medications but none require refer. at least not yet. She will be undergoing a series of surgical procedures very soon. Some are simple, 2 are serious. I am looking at what we have planned as well.
    I hope Mrs. Longbow is doing well.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My spouse has some serious medical issues as well. Any Bugging out would be by vehicle only. She has a lot of medications but none require refer. at least not yet. She will be undergoing a series of surgical procedures very soon. Some are simple, 2 are serious. I am looking at what we have planned as well.
    I hope Mrs. Longbow is doing well.

Mrs. gets to take her meds at home, and won't be staying at the hospital for 5 days. She was hoping for a medical vacation, but home is still better.

I'm leaning towards a tri power, RV type unit-AC, DC and propane. Might just go for a pure propane unit to reduce maintenance issues. Only need about 4 cubic feet at the most.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I added an 8x10 concrete block room onto my storm cellar and wired lighting into it with a back up 12v light and bilge pump system just in case I have to stay in there for any extended period of time. Simple ventilation at this point. I need to do some research into a safe vent/air feed system for it. So far I'm just out a few $ on materials. It's a cheap add on to the underground area.
    I'll be adding more shelving after I get it all sealed up good.
    I also need to figure out how to make it easier to defend without going into debt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The tri-powered units are pretty reliable these days but get a good one. The cheaper units are exactly that, cheap and somewhat troublesome. The AC/DC part is just a heater and the propane is open flame and usually require's venting of some kind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I added an 8x10 concrete block room onto my storm cellar and wired lighting into it with a back up 12v light and bilge pump system just in case I have to stay in there for any extended period of time. Simple ventilation at this point. I need to do some research into a safe vent/air feed system for it. So far I'm just out a few $ on materials. It's a cheap add on to the underground area.
    I'll be adding more shelving after I get it all sealed up good.
    I also need to figure out how to make it easier to defend without going into debt.

A SERIES OF CLAYMORES....................................:rockwoot:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    A SERIES OF CLAYMORES....................................:rockwoot:
    It's a permanent structure and therefore virtually impossible to defend.
    My thoughts are mobility to and from, via trenches or tunnels to exits or a variety of 360 degree firing positions.
    I'd like to do tunnels due to concealibility but the extra labor and materials cost mean it will take a while to construct them and live within my means to accomplish that.
    I should be in good shape on basic survival goods, needs, etc. I figured on 6 months survival time window on this.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The wife let me get a 5ft tiller for my tractor, got it all together, cleaned the shop, sorting thought stuff to sell in a garage sale ($ will be used for more preps) and the wife ordered some Mylar bags.

fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    20 more pair new wool socks .50 cents a pair. more canned goods & peanutbutter. oil & filters for cars & truck . started and used genny to run her under a load. 750 rnds 762x39 FREE buddy going thru his dads stuff he went to the shooting range in heaven in Jan buddy can't use ammo . put gift cards from Marthon in both cars & truck with $100 on each for SHTF of any kind that will get us home.

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    20 more pair new wool socks .50 cents a pair. more canned goods & peanutbutter. oil & filters for cars & truck . started and used genny to run her under a load. 750 rnds 762x39 FREE buddy going thru his dads stuff he went to the shooting range in heaven in Jan buddy can't use ammo . put gift cards from Marthon in both cars & truck with $100 on each for SHTF of any kind that will get us home.

im sure you did.. but make sure the gift cards dont have experation dates. i know some places actually start taking $ off the card after a certain date.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom