• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Dialed back the conditioning this past week. Trying to rehab some chronic overtraining injuries. So less weight, a few less miles. No ruck.

1 dry fire session.

Conducted a big FTX with my crew this past weekend. 12 soild hours of training in addition to a bivouac. We did classroom sessions on fitness, comms, medical and patrol formations . Range time included fam fire on common older weapons like the M1 Garand, SKS, Ithaca 37, 1911, SIG 226 etc. Range drills were live fire react to contact, break contact. Ended a long day with FoF building clearing and airsoft. Lots of coordination, planning and logistics go into these FTXs. Having a solid, dedicated bunch of men really helps.

It took me 4 hours to scrub gear, dry out gear, put everything away, do laundry, clean guns, reload mags/chest rigs, dock comms, check med gear etc etc and put everything back into place for use again.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got out to the range yesterday and using a savage FV-SR 22lr confirmed my drop charts out to 300 yards with match grade subsonic ammo. I sure hope that doesn't ever come in handy, but it's nice to know I can lob a little lead a ways out without sound.

Then, I got on my DPMS 308B and went the load approach to hitting targets out to 800 yards. Something about an accurate semi auto 308 with a drop chart makes me smile and think things are going to be ok.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Went back to work today. (Yep! It's a "prep". :D) I have to deal with loud, unruley, undisciplined kids. (In fact, today was a "short" day and one of my kids was already cursing, "flipping the bird", yelling out the window at people, and arguing with other kids. FIRST DAY BACK!! :xmad:)

So - I "prepped" being 'calm' and concentrating on my route. :rolleyes: :D

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    instead of MRE"S--- wouldnt it be about as practical to buy and store canned goods if ya can catch it on sale?? shorter shelf life-- but guess it would depend on the age of the person storeing?? --

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    instead of MRE"S--- wouldnt it be about as practical to buy and store canned goods if ya can catch it on sale?? shorter shelf life-- but guess it would depend on the age of the person storeing?? --

It would also depend on what you are prepping for. If you plan to bug out those cans are gonna get heavy and fast.

We have canned goods as well as MRE's. That way we are covered a bit more. Canned goods have a much longer shelf life than the label makes you believe.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Started the Primal Blueprint about three weeks ago. Eating mainly protein, makes it easier to go longer periods of time without eating, especially without anxiety. Helpful in an emergency. Made a 42 lb Bulgarian Sandbag that I have have begun wearing on my shoulders during my 1 mile walk to the PO everyday. Being able to carry your weight + pack over long distances will be necessary. - George

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Picked and put up half a pickup truck load of sweet corn!! It took 2 days to get the job done, but it should last quite a while.

Next up will be tomatoes.

God Bless America, Seal Teams 10 & 6 brave warrior patriots. RIP.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Cut a deal on a Bradley walk-behind tractor[1.8hp?] , several implements.
    Will have to build a 'sulky' to ride behind it. Figger it'll use less fuel than the 45hp tractor.
    This thing is as old as me so no electronics to fail...down side is no parts locally made
    or sold[I-net only] hopefully I'll only need spark-plugs and oil...and gas for a while.
    Looking into small acreage grain raising for feed and food. Looks like Quinoa will
    grow here. Got to lime the soil but I am planning to plant winter wheat,barley and rye
    this fall, quinoa ,buck wheat, clover and maybe sorgum in the early summer.
    Gonna start small, save seed, see what happens...wish me luck...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    OK

Cut a deal on a Bradley walk-behind tractor[1.8hp?] , several implements.
    Will have to build a 'sulky' to ride behind it. Figger it'll use less fuel than the 45hp tractor.
    This thing is as old as me so no electronics to fail...down side is no parts locally made
    or sold[I-net only] hopefully I'll only need spark-plugs and oil...and gas for a while.
    Looking into small acreage grain raising for feed and food. Looks like Quinoa will
    grow here. Got to lime the soil but I am planning to plant winter wheat,barley and rye
    this fall, quinoa ,buck wheat, clover and maybe sorgum in the early summer.
    Gonna start small, save seed, see what happens...wish me luck...

Good luck!

RedJester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Today I checked the expiration dates on all of the bug-out food and medical supplies in the first aid kits. This time I finally started a proper inventory with quantities and dates to make it easier in the future.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Today I checked the expiration dates on all of the bug-out food and medical supplies in the first aid kits. This time I finally started a proper inventory with quantities and dates to make it easier in the future.

My wife is very good at pointing out what is old and replace.

We make it a team effort...........

Picked up 4 wheel chairs. They all need seats, but everything else is in great shape.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I just started my bug out bag. Got a nice bag at the indy 1500, got a compass, some water proof matches, and 50ft of para cord at Dick's. Working on a tent for the family and some good sleeping bags. Still gotta alot left to do but gotta start somewhere and thanks to the guys here on INGO I knew where to begin.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Purchase a Royal Berkey water purifier at the 1500 and set it up. Purchased 2 100' packages of paracord , practiced tying knots and rigging. time on the range practicing basic marksmanship and transitioning from target to target (aka Friday Night Steel).

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Started chicken coop. Got walls framed but miscalculated the length between birdsmouths on the rafters by about an inch. At least I made it to a good stopping point.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Added 2 Bottles of Whiskey to the Cabinet...

Jim Beam Rye Whiskey...
    Jim Beam Devils Cut...

I'll be over shortly:)

We got more dehydrated food, I'm tweeking my patrol/bug out bag, and I'm staring at my filtration kit that I still need to assemble.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Preparanoid

Prepared or paranoid... Been called both. The thing is, I've only just started preparing. We have bulked up on water and canned foods, buying an extra can here and there. So, we are just getting started.

Between my brothers and I, we have routed a plan to get out to the parent's place out in the country in a SHTF event. Us three bros are on the east side with families of our own.

So, I saw the Bug Out Bag 101 and thought I had better get my rear in gear. In the past two weeks, I've aquired a ruck sack from my neighbor(we are both building a bag). Contents so far are as follows.

100' para cord
    3" folding blade CRKT (thanks to Brad and Knife lady @ the 1500 for advice)
    2 lighters
    magnesium fire starter
    water proof matches
    dryer lint coated with vaseline
    100 piece first aid kit
    (6) Cliff bars
    water purification tabs
    (3) large trash bags
    (3) Loaded Pmags
    100 rnds .45 ACP (as backup in bag, I have 2 extra mags on hip)
    Half pint Everclear
    Practicing knots on ropes

Also have another bag with Baby supplies. Right now I have a 20 month and a 4 month old.

I know there is so much more that needs to be added. Just doing a bit at a time as fiscals allow.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom