• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Actually Argentina was not to far removed from First World Status when this happened...

One thing to look at is what is happening in some of the member Countries in the EU...

Argentina was no where near where we are. And I agree some of the EU member countries are changing but not collapsing into a 3rd world hell.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Actually Argentina was not to far removed from First World Status when this happened...

One thing to look at is what is happening in some of the member Countries in the EU...

Argentina was no where near where we are. And I agree some of the EU member countries are changing but not collapsing into a 3rd world hell.

Argentina was emerging. Industrialized. TV, Internet, Cell phones, etc. I think they were pretty close, though I agree, the country was not at the level of the US. By that I mean that it hadn't sunk to the level of wealth redistribution, Nanny state, pay them to sit on their butts, everything revolves around the less fortunate like we, as a country have.

I personally believe that the collaspe, if it happens, will have a much greater effect because of the reasons above. As a whole, we have ignored our Heritage. We are no longer a nation of producers. We've become, again in general, a nation of squanderers. Too lazy to take care of ourselves because we've been conditioned to believe that it's the governments duty to provide for our happiness and welfare.

The fact is, if we experiance a collaspe of our financial system, which is based on nothing but debt, the densly populated areas will suffer greatly. No public services, electricity, water, etc. Those who have prepared will leave, those who haven't will become desperate. Desperate people do desperate things...

Go ahead and believe that the US is "Too Big to Fall", just like Goldman Sachs, GM, Chrysler, etc. If that makes your life easier to stomach. (I don't mean this as a personal attack or an assumption that you do this), I, for one, will take the harder, less traveled path, and work on being prepared for as many forseeable problems as I can.

Preppers today will be the inheritants of the earth because they looked to the future, while understanding the present, and KNOWING their past.

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Tested out sleeping bags in <10deg weather

web.jpg

Wiggy's FTRSS (Bivy+Overbag+Ultralight+Pillow+Pad) on screened porch

web.jpg

Very snug and warm. No problems sleeping almost all night.

and been busy loading new mags
    web.jpg

15 Thirty Round PMags w/Window&Ranger Plates loaded with Federal XM-193 in an MTM Caseguard Ammo Box

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    :n00b:Lost some stuff and really needed it!!! I looked for it for 3 weeks.

So I ordered replacements. My daughter about two hours after the shipping notice was sent, said, "Dad, this is yours, why is it in my stuff"

Now I have three of them.....................:rolleyes:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Tried to talk to friends about things going on in the world and how they will probably effect us one day .

No luck , I'm nuts and if something happens they're coming over .

I said sure you can come over but me and my stuff will be gone .

Sheep suck !

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Tried to talk to friends about things going on in the world and how they will probably effect us one day .

No luck , I'm nuts and if something happens they're coming over .

I said sure you can come over but me and my stuff will be gone .

Sheep suck !

Sheep are great! You can eat them,you can shear them for wool and they can cut down on your grass mowing lol.

Oh...yea those kind of sheep...yep those suck.

Speaking of sheep.Real sheep.Do we happen to have a Shepherd(shepherdess) among us?If so we could use some real life advice,feel free to drop me a mail and we can get in touch.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Sheep are great! You can eat them,you can shear them for wool and they can cut down on your grass mowing lol.

Oh...yea those kind of sheep...yep those suck.

Speaking of sheep.Real sheep.Do we happen to have a Shepherd(shepherdess) among us?If so we could use some real life advice,feel free to drop me a mail and we can get in touch.
    Yes you can, but DON'T!!! lol, j/k

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I did not say Argentina was at the same level we are/were at the time of their collapse. I stated they were not far from first world status...

The only reason some of the Countries in the EU are still around is due largely to the more Solvent Countries in the EU. Not the fact that a First World Country cannot fail.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    my cut firewood is half gone................................................

I might just fire up the chain saw and do some winter cutting if I get the urge..........

There are only about a dozen large fallen trees out back that need to be worked on

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    I bought a Kodiac Fire Starter for KodiacFireStarter.com. It's amazing. Works better then any other firestarter I've ever used before. Also it's $25 free shipping and has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I bought some of the Dietz #10 hot blast lanterns that singlestacksig was talking about not long ago. Plus spare burners. Added to my wick stash too. I also found a good quality K1 fuel at Sunoco. I need another 16 gallon drum or two.

Added to my MRE stash, Also the beans, rice and can goods.

Went to Rural King and bought more hand tools (shovels, hoes, splitting wedges ect). A lot of that is redundant but spare stuff is nice to have.

Now I need more replacement handles for axes, shovels ect.

ETA I am not completely without when it comes to firstaid supplies, but it could be alot better so I think that's where I'm going to concentrate next.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Finally broke down and bought a diesel pick up. (Actually been looking for a good used one that was affordable for a long time)
    Now I have to start putting together supplies and equipment to make biodiesel fuel.
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom