• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So I have been "prepping" for a while as in collecting guns and set up a bob. So this week, what i did was come to the conclusion to prep for real as my lack of effort is in reality, futile. The first thing I have decided to do is buy small amounts of supplies, food, water each payday and store them in our warehouse which I am building an art studio for the wife and a workshop for myself. Step 2 will be to buy recreational land that I can use for everything. I have a lot of research to do.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My goals for this year and next pretty much depend on me loosing weight.

Good luck with that...it's been my goal since forever. Then again I still weigh what I did when I graduated from HS so maybe I should adjust my expectations; I'll keep working at it though.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Good luck with that...it's been my goal since forever. Then again I still weigh what I did when I graduated from HS so maybe I should adjust my expectations; I'll keep working at it though.

I know how to loose the weight, I just have to force myself to be disciplined enough to do it. I'm never be my high school weight again until I'm a shrunken old man. The balance for me is finding what weight I can loose and still have a great balance of strength and speed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know how to loose the weight, I just have to force myself to be disciplined enough to do it. I'm never be my high school weight again until I'm a shrunken old man. The balance for me is finding what weight I can loose and still have a great balance of strength and speed.

I'm about 25 lbs. less than I was when I was early in the 10th grade and I wear smaller pants. On the other hand, I'm still huge. I've been back in the gym for 8.5 weeks after a 14+ year layoff. It's a humbling experience, but I already feel a lot better.

In other news:
    • Still applying for jobs; waiting to hear about an interview from two weeks ago
    • Still completing coursework to move in a different career direction; final exam today; next course starts 03/18
    • Trying to schedule a time to practice fire building. I still need to succeed at a one-stick fire with just a knife and ferro rod.
    • Selling stuff I don't need to help pay bills.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I weighed 160 in the third grade...I graduated from HS at 220 which is where I am now. In the Army I got up to 255 and people said I ran like a baby gorilla...32" waist 32" thighs.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I did a little unusual prepping this week; I've been helping Raptor Ops in Honolulu improve their training capabilities. Of course that means I've had to spend this week in Honolulu.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Last weekend, I started the generator and ran out the old fuel then topped it off with fresh. This week took the spouse to have most of her lower teeth pulled. In a couple of weeks she will go back for the top ones, then its my turn. We decided to stop trying to fight this losing battle. At our age, a bad tooth would kill us if we didn't have access to proper health care. Besides, it's cheaper to go down this path now while I am working with insurance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last weekend, I started the generator and ran out the old fuel then topped it off with fresh. This week took the spouse to have most of her lower teeth pulled. In a couple of weeks she will go back for the top ones, then its my turn. We decided to stop trying to fight this losing battle. At our age, a bad tooth would kill us if we didn't have access to proper health care. Besides, it's cheaper to go down this path now while I am working with insurance.

This is on my agenda as well.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I did a little unusual prepping this week; I've been helping Raptor Ops in Honolulu improve their training capabilities. Of course that means I've had to spend this week in Honolulu.

Very nice, I love Oahu, we have a place in Waikiki. Raptor ops?

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The past 7 days: 5 work outs (3 days weights +running), 1 heavy bag session/abs/DL, 1 bike ride

2 dry fire sessions w/ AK, G18 and 870

1 Training night with the crew. After a bit of distance work got my Rem 700 back on steel. Then we did some individual pistol drills and finished with a few executive protection drills with a 4 man protection detail. It rained the whole time. Cold n wet.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I bought this for $30 bucks....

D412jXfXkAAlbK9.jpg

D412jXaW4AAwrtU.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I bought this for $30 bucks....

Nice! I picked up a BOAT, INFLATABLE, RECON from DRMO years ago, never used. It came with 2 oars, patch kit and 2 big bellows foot pumps and folded up into one big ass backpack. I've never had to use the patch kit and after the initial novelty of those bellows pumps went with an electric pump...that was a heck of a leg workout. I think I bid $100 for it. Yours should not get as hot in the sun. Have fun!

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good on both of you guys for adding a boat to your preps. There are so many rivers, lakes, wetlands and waterways in Indiana it just makes sense use a small boat for ingress and egress. Living on 3 rivers in Fort Wayne, a boat has always been part of my bug out plan to get out of the city.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom