• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Got some overdue dental work done today while I still have insurance. I was delaying it because I had difficulty prioritizing it over work. No longer a problem!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good time to rotate and fill your gas cans. Filled the last two yesterday.

Between Kroger points and 20/30/40 cents a gallon cheaper in Martinsville, I need to concentrate on a fuel strategy with rotation of stock combined with planning for the longer trip.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Have mostly cycled through fuel reserves refreshing nearly all of it so far.

Started to focus in on my nutrition and cut the junk out.

Purging excess gear to pay for upgraded super gear. I've been shooting long range for 10 years using factory guns, and I now have a custom rig on order. Rather than open up a gun safe full of good guns, I'd rather open a nearly empty safe with a few top quality guns.

I've been taking a new hunter out during firearms season. So far no luck, but he's getting the true "hunting experience" because he knows what it's like to sit there and get cold and have a wife mad at him now so all he has to do now is shoot a deer and he'll get the complete hunter experience.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just bought a new house that is still under construction. Time to modify my prepping plans. Mandatory rotations stat as we'll be on the house by the end of the year. Kinda sad losing things like the 2 gardens that are all conditioned. Oh well, bigger house, bigger property, guess sometimes you have to reset.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Moved a 275 gallon tote to the new place. Forgot all about its actual size so I have a couple studs to remove to get it where it needs to go. Good thing the drywall isn't finished down there.

After I get it cleaned out I am wanting to build a platform to set it on. Just a little above the floor so I can get better gravity flow.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just bought a new house that is still under construction. Time to modify my prepping plans. Mandatory rotations stat as we'll be on the house by the end of the year. Kinda sad losing things like the 2 gardens that are all conditioned. Oh well, bigger house, bigger property, guess sometimes you have to reset.

Are you getting any special wiring done for a generator?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just picked up a back up generator. Yes, two is one and one is none...best part is that it was free, they got tired of storing it. Looks like new :)

A for sure win...:)

I was going to wait for this weekend and run some more fuel out of both trucks. Top off from the reserves and take advantage of the low gs prices in the area.
    I may have waited to long. Just goes to show......do not wait. Just do it. Fuel went from $2.05 to $2.35 over night. Not sure what it is this morning.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I finally got around to getting a good start on an IFAK / med kit.

I picked up one of the Condor tear away EMT pouches recently and started loading it up with the basics.

The Indy Military Surplus store on E. Washington St. has a bunch of the old gen CAT tourniquets for $29.95 if anyone is looking for a place to pick them up around Indy.

I also found a powdered blood clotting agent at Wally World called "Bleed Stop" which was under $5 for a pack of three. Much cheaper than Quick Clot pre treated sponges.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had a big piece of humble pie at the range.

I hadn't shot in a while, and thought I still had it. Not only that, I thought I'd take out the old 1911 for a little vintage session of gunfire goodness. Well, after just over 150rds downrange I had a cold splash of water in the face reminding me how much I sucked and need to practice. I just couldn't hit a thing, and that pistol and I usually have a good range session together. Honestly, before that night I'd been thinking about putting it in the jeep as the console gun.

Anyway, I got my ego checked. That's a pretty good prep in itself.

Hardware wise, within the last two months I've made a couple Christmas/Birthday purchases of a Kestrel 5700 with applied ballistics software, and a magneto speed chronograph.

I intend to use the chronograph on all my precision rifles in addition to a couple of hunting rifle. Once I've got a good handle on it, I intend to get with friends & family and get their exact numbers dialed in for their preferred loads. Once they have that I can run the applied ballistics and get them a couple of drop charts that should be pretty close for them. If nothing else it should be some fairly accurate starting points.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I bought a dehydrator to start turning out long term storage meats, fruits and veggies. First up will be 5lbs of jerky.

I went with the Excalibur 3948CDB digital, 9 Rack two temp with a 48hr timer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulled out all the med kits. Went through and re-organized them. Updated some things.
    Super glue has a shelf life. Who knew...:):
    I replaced them today.

Took an inventory of all the food stores as in freeze dried and MRE. I need more water. Water is the key.

Bough 4 more fuel jugs. Got them filled when fuel was $1.80. I cycled out a bunch to put fresh in the rotation and get it replaced on the cheap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom