Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meijer is having their 10 for $10 sale again. I stocked up on some food items like rice dishes, pasta, soups, and smoked sausage. The freezer is pretty full right now. Pantry is busting at the seams.

Pork loin is $1.15 per lb. There was also a "buy one get one" deal on toilet paper. I came home with 60 rolls. Buying so much spit out a manufacturer's coupon for $5 off my next trip.

With Meijer mperks I spent $115 today but saved $60. This is without any coupons.

The spouse is in that program. She gets some really good deals. Our freezers and the daughters (next door) are so full we have to start eating out some space.
    Keeping the 3 fridges up and running is a primary in a SHTF scenario.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Meijer is having their 10 for $10 sale again. I stocked up on some food items like rice dishes, pasta, soups, and smoked sausage. The freezer is pretty full right now. Pantry is busting at the seams.

Pork loin is $1.15 per lb. There was also a "buy one get one" deal on toilet paper. I came home with 60 rolls. Buying so much spit out a manufacturer's coupon for $5 off my next trip.

With Meijer mperks I spent $115 today but saved $60. This is without any coupons.

Thanks for the tip. They aren't a store we normally frequent but will certainly make a trip today. Been feeding our usual stores to the GIANT children and trying to cycle through the older stuff, we're about to the point of having the room to fill the pantry back up. Perfect timing for a good sale...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For anybody not familiar with how the 10 for $10 deals work at Meijer - https://www.meijer.com

They have tons of items priced at $1 each and you can mix and match. Once you get to 10 items you get an 11th item free. Again, you can mix and match. It doesn't have to be the same as anything else in the cart as long as it's one of the program items.

Also, I really recommend the mperks program. I use the Meijer app to view the weekly ads. You can then add items directly to a shopping list and even search for coupons related to items on your list.

They have more than 400 manufacters coupons each week which you can combine with stuff on sale to save even more. Amd they have cash back type offers that give you a month to earn. Example: spend $100 over four weeks & get $2 off your next trip. Or spend $25 in toiletries, get $5 off your next trip. You don't even have to enroll. Mperks keeps track of it automatically and you can track your progress in the app.

They also have started sending me coupons in the mail based on things we buy all the time.

I can't say enough about Meijer mperks. I have saved close to $350 this year and I don't even put all that much effort into it. If I spent more time finding manufacturer's coupons I'm sure that number would be much higher.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    This year we have canned meat.I get worried about having all my eggs all in the freezers.My son and I are going to rack 20 gallons of wine this evening.Next Saturday is sausage day.We will make about 120 lbs.(12 Pork butts) for 3 families.Mainly Polish....but I like Sage and Fennel so my share will be the hardest to make.Mine is a cross between Italian and Polish.Ummmmmmmmm!

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Complete tear down and rebuild of the car bag. I dont think of it as a get home bag anymore and more of an any adventure out there bag. Checked stocking cap and gloves, added heavy goretex jacket to back of car and just getting ahead of winter this year.

Organized kids hats & gloves, they're set x3 so donating the excess to clear out space and help people stay warm.

Continue to dry fire several times a week.

Bought a Sig M17 literally for no other reason than it's what the Army is going to and I want to be able to handle one well. First sig of my life and so far so good. Then again I havent dropped it yet either so theres that.

Put a new scope on my 22lr trainer. I have plates at 100yds, 150, 200, 250, & 300yds so I'm trying to get more consistent.

Swapped rings on my precision bolt gun and adjusted spacer in stock length. Much better fit now and added a stock pack full of anything I'd need for that gun.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Picked up a used Troy-bilt 5500 watt generator from a coworker today for $300. It looks like new and starts up on the first pull. I need to install a transfer switch so I can disconnect from the grid when I have to use it. I feel better knowing I can keep the well and furnace going if need be.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    After all the talk on hear about getting things tuned up for winter I had the generator and snowblower out the other weekend. The generator fired up and I let it run for hours. The snowblower..... not so much. I put engines to bed for the year by putting some stabilized fuel in them and apparently whatever I did last year I didn't do it right because it was locked up. Last night was the first time I've ever pulled a carburetor off of anything and actually I was pretty surprised at how much easier it went than what I thought it was going it. I didn't go far enough, and after watching a youtube video last night I know what I missed. Tonight we have a scheduled rematch on small engine repair. I'm looking forward to it. Best part was spending the time with my son while he kinda (6yr old) helped.

After I get all of this done, I'll be making an effort to cycle out my stored gas. Pretty amazing how it seems like just yesterday that I filled them up, but it's been a year or so already. Might as well cycle it out while it's still convenient to do so.

Took the night visions equipment out, and fine tuned the IR laser's zero. It's sort of a pain to zero IR equipment, and I'm going to look for ways to improve at it, but it's done for now.

Also, probably going to buy an additional carb for my snow blower for no other reason than a replacement was only $15 shipped on ebay for a brand new one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I need to study up on the generator stuff. Took mine out of the box a couple weeks ago, in the dark. I've only had it for 6 years. :n00b:

Now that it's run and has fuel in it, I hear there is some maintenance to be followed?

Need to dedicate some cords and switching and stuff to the project also. Maybe make a good solid spot for it to rest on the ground while running? It was annoyingly loud, running on the wooden deck. Wonder if I shouldn't drive a ground rod for it too?

Looks like now may be a good time to stock back up on fuel also. I let the cans run dry when the prices were higher and cash-flow was slow.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was hoping to swing a whole house genny, but we have been spending money like it is going out of style. The new house remodel is costing a lot.

Instead I plan to stop in at the new Harbor Freight and grab one of the quiet genny's they carry. The new place is on a better grid, so losing power shouldn't happen as often, but I want a different generator, or at least an additional one.

That does remind me that I need to make a plan for a switch at the new place as well.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Back when I had the debate about a whole house generator vs a portable gas powered generator I had to keep in mind that I live within a 10 minute drive of my inlaws. For example, If they loose power and we haven't they may come over. If they loose power and we didn't, then I can deliver my generator to their place and they stay there, as in..... not a my place.... as in not bringing their little dog the size of a chicken nugget that likes to pee and poo in my house when not trying to eat the carpet. Just saying there may be a few other things to consider when thinking about a generator.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Back when I had the debate about a whole house generator vs a portable gas powered generator I had to keep in mind that I live within a 10 minute drive of my inlaws. For example, If they loose power and we haven't they may come over. If they loose power and we didn't, then I can deliver my generator to their place and they stay there, as in..... not a my place.... as in not bringing their little dog the size of a chicken nugget that likes to pee and poo in my house when not trying to eat the carpet. Just saying there may be a few other things to consider when thinking about a generator.

Good thoughts there, except for the mutt being allowed in your house. Nobody is bringing pets in here, especially ones that have control issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom